Author Topic: Let's play!! This...or...that...answer...and...ask  (Read 25436 times)

TofinoMan

Re: Let's play!! This...or...that...answer...and...ask
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2016, 01:19:52 AM »
A real tree for me....and a true Charlie Brown style one....i pick the ugly runt tree so its not left feeling unwanted.

(Tatiana it is not hard to fly the basics, only when doing certain jobs)

Risk screwing up because you took a chance....or....Play it super safe and risk free in life?

I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.
Best part is neighbors leave the crazy guy alone.....

Tatianakm

« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »
Definitely a risk taker, although now, with a small child, this perhaps will be a calculated risk, most definitely with a mitigation strategy. Still like to think I can be spontaneous and fun...

Home improvements or repairs....DIY or hire a professional?
To the whole world you were one person; to me you were the whole world.

TofinoMan

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2016, 11:28:58 PM »
Small stuff i do...big stuff i hire a pro to do....like my new fence going in this week.

Buy a vehicle trendy at the time, or something less common because you don't care about trendiness?
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.

Lost35

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2016, 02:19:24 AM »
Coming from a girl who drove a '67 122 and loved it...less common is underrated. :)
A childhood of adventures, where moving and new friends are welcome or staying in one place and keeping everything as is?  What is your choice of childhood (and why?).

TofinoMan

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
Moving and new experiences.
Why.... because i like adventure and not just being stagnant.

Spend more time just taking in the sights and action as it is happening   or   Spend a bunch of the time at grand things taking pictures or video of it?

Kater

« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2016, 12:42:23 AM »
Taking it in.  I am terrible for coming home from a holiday with few pictures.  My husband also didn't like a lot of pictures.  Everyone knew if we were overstaying our welcome all they needed to do was pull out their vacation photos. 😆

Fly to get there faster, or drive to take your time and see sights along the way?

TofinoMan

« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2016, 01:18:01 AM »
Drive.......  I fly for a living and don't consider it fun on a holiday.

Remember peoples phone numbers   or   only able to call because they are in your phones contacts?

Ps. I can go on a month long trip and maybe have 1 cell phone picture if I am lucky when i get home....and its probably of a bike, car, helicopter, boat or my daughter is all.

Tatianakm

« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
That is so funny! I thought I was the only one who does not memorize phone numbers. When I was in college,  psychology professor once said that our brain has a limited amount of "storage cells", so to memorize things that could be easily stored in a phone book is just spending those precious cells unnecessarily. Since then I stopped memorizing phone numbers. When a business contact asks me for my cell number, I always have to pull out my business card and hand it over- I do not know my own business phone numbers, cell or office.

E-books or actual real paper ones?
To the whole world you were one person; to me you were the whole world.

TofinoMan

« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2016, 11:13:47 PM »
Paper books and magazines for me....i also use a dictionary, atlas, etc.

Would you rather go golfing or to a movie if you had the afternoon off?

Lost35

« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2016, 02:55:06 AM »
If I had the entire course to myself, I would spend the afternoon happily whacking balls into oblivion without a care, but that never happens so a movie might be nice.  :)

Earth tones or bright colours in your home?

-L.

Taurus

« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2016, 02:28:05 PM »
Would you rather go golfing or to a movie if you had the afternoon off?
Hate movies-love golf so it's no contest: golf all day every day for me.

Only time I've been to the movies was with my beloved when we were dating - and to watch cartoon movies with daughters 1 and 2 when each was aged 9 to 12 - at which age they wanted to go with their friends to the malls, with mucho relief for all concerned  8)

TofinoMan

« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
Lost 35....I would never make it as an interior designer.
My house is a random mix of natural earthy tones and bright colors.
Just painted a wall in my bedroom blue last week....just the 1 wall while repairing a few holes but didn't want to just paint ot white again.

Buy a couch more for looks or for comfort?

Lost35

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2016, 03:19:01 AM »
Mine is also a random mix of earthy and wild.  My little guy painted a very cool picture of himself in Kindergarten; a crazy mix of cold blues and oranges.  It is in the kitchen and it is the one piece that brings all my weird mixes together...it must mean something.  :)

Years ago I spent more money than I really could on a purple love seat.  It was left in a shop and no one wanted it...which was perfect.  I read this question and suddenly remembered my beloved purple couch and wondered what happened to it.  Then I remembered it was loved even more by a giant Great Dane Mix who needed it more than me. 

So to answer this question, it is simply both.  It must look good to one and save the weary soul of another.  :)

Stay near family or venture overseas?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:22:30 AM by Lost35 »

TofinoMan

« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2016, 12:24:15 AM »
Venture.  But come home occasionally to see family.

Ice cream or potato chips as a snack?

ladybug

« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »
Potato chips of course...

a great book or a great movie?