Author Topic: The headstone is placed  (Read 1586 times)

Strongerthanb4

The headstone is placed
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
Just when I thought I could look forward to the summer. I am a mess because "decorating" my husband's grave totally fucking sucks.

SoVerySad

Re: The headstone is placed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
I'm so sorry. Sending you tight hugs...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
yes it does. Something about the stone being placed seemed to be the worst part.  The finality of  it. The period at the end of the sentence.  :(
HUGS to you today...
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
This was two weekends ago for me. We had been decorating my fiancee's grave since day one, but now that the stone is there makes it way harder to trick myself into thinking this isn't really happening.

((big hugs))
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

Strongerthanb4

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
I keep thinking it is hard for me, but it must be torture for my MIL. Her oldest child is laid to rest next to her husband.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »
((((((hugs))))))) I am so sorry.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Guaruj

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
Just when I thought I could look forward to the summer. I am a mess because "decorating" my husband's grave totally fucking sucks.

I'm sorry that you find this so painful. I hope that one day you can visit your husband's grave without feeling so unhappy.  It might make you feel better to find some way to handle this on your very own terms; some way to commemorate your love for him that also makes you feel stronger.  If part of that might be decorating your husband's grave, there are people on these boards (including me) who would be happy to discuss that with you.

|+|  M a r k  |+|