Author Topic: New House, New Season, New Death  (Read 5037 times)

tk74

• Chanty Tribute 2014
New House, New Season, New Death
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »
My first post in the '6 to 12 Months' forum.  Seven months, one day to be exact.  It's been a few months since I've been on here.  My stepdaughter and I moved last month to a new house.  I guess I don't have to tell you guys how hard it was living there or how hard it was leaving there.  Nonetheless it needed to happen.  We love our new house and neighborhood.  Bella's boyfriend is just two blocks down the street.  They started 'dating' a week before her mother passed.  My wife, Chanty, adored the kid.  So it's really helped Bella through these difficult times.  She's 16 btw.   I've been very optimistic about our new season.  Staying busy around the new house, there's always something to do or buy.  Walking in the evenings still and dropped 30lbs.  Things were progressing nicely.  Then the unthinkable happens.  This passed Monday, my father-in-law, in his grief committed suicide.  He was bi-polar and been in such a dark place since Chanty's death.  Such a sweet guy, we had grown very close.  I'm sure you can imagine how hard this week has been.  As if the floodgates had been opened.  I'm an emotional disaster all over again.  If you pray, keep us in your prayers.
Love is a difficult & lifelong journey.  You shouldn't have to travel it alone.

-tyler white

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: New House, New Season, New Death
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »
I'm so sorry TK74. Sounded like life was just starting to turn around a bit for both of you. Hugs and prayers for both of you.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

widowat33

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
So sorry.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

SoVerySad

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 05:18:26 AM »
I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your FIL. I can understand how it would have you reeling once again, despite the forward progress you've made. Heartbreaking. Sending you positive thoughts and a tight hug...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
I am so sorry for the devastating loss of your FIL.  Saying a prayer for all of your family.
You will forever be my always.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
How devastating :( I am so very very sorry for the fresh trauma your family is being put through.  No child should have to lose her mother and her grandfather so closely , and so tragically.  We are all here for you, please remember that should you need shoulders to listen or cry. 
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

MissingMyJon

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss, it is so sad and tragic.  And heartbreaking for you and your daughter.    Sending you hugs, and am hoping that you can find strength during such a tough time.
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »
I am sending positive thoughts to you and your family.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 02:01:48 PM »
I am so, so sorry. ((((Hugs))))) Peace to you and Bella...
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

CBB

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 04:03:17 PM »
TK I am so very sorry to hear this. I really know how it feels to have the rug pulled out from under you again in such a short time. Sending you a ton of hugs. 

Cyndi
I am different! How could I not be?

lcoxwell

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
I wish there was something better I could say than to just tell you I am so very sorry. I do pray, and I will gladly keep you in my prayers.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

linda5

• My one, my only
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 10:01:27 PM »
I'm so sorry for the additional loss in your family.  Praying for your family and that you and your daughter keep close.

Virgo

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 01:49:52 AM »
I am so sorry for your family's loss.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Ursula

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 04:30:59 PM »
So sorry. This is so hard. Thinking of you two.
Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 06:51:24 AM »
TK74,  I am so sorry for both of your losses.  That is so much pain to bear. 

I am bipolar and came incredibly close to ending my life a few months after my wife died by suicide also.  Those with mental illness are dangerously vulnerable after a loss, although many of we widows experience suicidal ideation in some form or another.  I hope you and Bella understand that there was absolutely nothing more you could do to help your FIL.

Sending you positive energy from the UK.
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com