Author Topic: Confessions of a widow  (Read 70754 times)

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
Re: Confessions of a widow
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »
Don't put your return adress on the package
; )

good idea! haha
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »
Over the weekend I will be in my hometown meeting a friend.  I requested we eat at a restaurant that is near an ex-boyfriends house and I'm hoping I run into him.
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

DansSoulmate

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:56 AM »
At 6 months, i feel fairly confident with all the decisions i've made so far but wonder which ones (if any)  he would have challenged me on.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 11:04:19 AM »
My 12-year-old son is determined to smoke. NO ONE in our family smokes. I have swept his room repeatedly, I have seized contraband, I have grounded him and taken away all his electronics, and somehow he is still finding ways to get cigarettes. I have no idea how he's doing it-- we just moved, he has no friends in the neighborhood, and I sincerely doubt the first grade girl across the street (the only other kid in the area, apparently) is helping him. While most of me wants to strangle him, part of me secretly admires his ingenuity. Also, I'm considering joining him.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
lol Jen. I know it's not funny, but it's funny.  Mine are doing the same thing.  I have no CLUE where it comes from.  And the 16 year old boy has decided to try his hand at drinking too, and he's JUST like his dad there. Which is scary.  And yet right now Id love a bottle of Moscato. Or Three.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
I confess:

I'd like to get "lost a high heel and an earring, just what the hell day is it, mad cuz I can't find my drink, rip-roaring" drunk!

Seriously, just the notion of not thinking too deeply, or having memory of it, entices me. And I'm a cheap drunk...two or maybe three glasses of Reisling on an empty stomach and I'd be good and loopy!

The sole reason I can't get plastered? I'm on contraindicated meds. #winning

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 04:19:43 AM »
These are all so good. Thanks for some to make me laugh and oh......I can can so relate.  Someone please take my wid brain away!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

gretchen437

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:37 PM »
I just made the sad realization that I am the female version of Will from the Inbetweeners :(

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »
I just made the sad realization that I am the female version of Will from the Inbetweeners :(

Oh Gretchen... the only word that can pop to mind is "Brilliant"... I'm sorry love.
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

Lmsmdm

• Joined Ywbb July/2011
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
Share recipes? ;D You may be onto something mangomom, perhaps a "cooking for one" thread. If I ask about a recipe or something I'll usually give it a try and afterward engage in some follow up chat about how it worked out.

There used to be one.....
You hate me don't you? Yup, so much I married you twice! :)

Lmsmdm

• Joined Ywbb July/2011
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »
*I think I like my kid's soccer coach...Not sure if it's mutual..(But I think it's just me wanting it to be!)
*There is another soccer mom whom I don't like- Let me tell you why.  She's my age, she is super hot- thin/very good looking lady- and I don't like her because I've seen the soccer coach eyeing her.  Well last weeks game I had to sit next to her and we started talking turns out she is very nice and easy to talk too-- Bitch!!!!

Ha ha...lol.....snort
You hate me don't you? Yup, so much I married you twice! :)

lcoxwell

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »
I called in "sick" today, even though I wasn't really sick, and even though I have missed far more days this year, than I should have, for genuine illnesses.  I just woke up completely unable to face the day.  There was no real reason, that I could find, only that I just could not make myself get up out of the bed.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2015, 10:40:39 AM »
Yesterday my 9 year old son got mad because I didn't cook (again)... he told me he is tried of eating peanut butter sandwiches and cup o noddles.  I am gonna make more of an effort to cook more often.  He made me feel like I was an unfit mother:(
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2015, 08:49:57 AM »
One of my dogs puked on the carpet. I was relieved when the puppy, who eats everything from blue jeans to shoes to soda cans, ate it while I was getting paper towel so I didn't have to clean it up. I am gross. :(
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

TooSoon

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2015, 05:48:07 PM »
One of my dogs puked on the carpet. I was relieved when the puppy, who eats everything from blue jeans to shoes to soda cans, ate it while I was getting paper towel so I didn't have to clean it up. I am gross. :(

I can so relate to this.  So, so relate to this (but it is the feline variety).  My elderly, obese cat, Fatteus, eats, throws up and then eats his recently eaten thrown up food.  And honestly, that's cool with me.

In November when taking a trash bag full of cat litter out, the bag scraped on the concrete walk and broke.  Cat litter and cat poop everywhere.  That night I was too over it to deal so I said I'd do clean it up on the weekend.  Then it snowed.  And then it snowed some more.  Some of the snow melted but not all of it.  Then it snowed still more.  All the while I am pretending that it is going to somehow magically decompose when in reality I knew it was there, frozen, waiting for me.  The snow has now melted.  It is April and the pile is still there.  I look at it every day, walk around it to go to the mailbox.  Fortunately it is in the back yard and only I can see it (I think!?!) Do I really have to deal with it?  Secretly, I am still holding out that one morning I'll wake up and it will magically be gone.  The widow's brain has a mysterious logic when it comes to avoidance.