Socializing > Social Encounters

Confessions of a widow

<< < (2/87) > >>

Mangomom:
Here's an old one of mine...  my kid took my glass of "water" to take his meds...  It was straight vodka.  At least is was his evening meds and not morning.  Talk about a red flag.  This is partly why I no longer drink.

Tweety76:

--- Quote from: littlebirdie on March 10, 2015, 08:24:40 AM ---I see happy couples and wonder which one of them will die first.

I copied the above from the other thread because I still do this sometimes...

--- End quote ---

This! I remember doing that too :) Haven't for awhile and I just noticed when you posted :)

LostMyCharles:

* I haven't vacuumed in 3 months.
* I haven't cooked an actual meal for my DD or myself in probably the same amount of time; so glad she keeps requesting quesadillas for dinner!!
* I am paralyzed at the thought of spending any money to replace our old, dying electronics because we always consulted each other first.
* I sleep with the shirt he was wearing the day he died. I've sweat and cried all over it so it smells nothing like him anymore. I smear his deodorant on it once in a while to "freshen" it up.
* When I smell his deodorant now, my mind barely recognizes it as "his scent" and it terrifies me that I'm losing him that quickly.
* I look at his pictures and watch video to remember his face and voice, but it's like stabbing myself repeatedly. I need it, but it kills me.
* My electricity and water bills have decreased dramatically, so yay!
* I have much less laundry to do each week, and I feel guilty being happy about that.
* I celebrate the small things like putting the registration tags on my car by myself, or figuring out how to turn on the automatic sprinklers, which were typically his domain.
Jessica

JacklessSally:

--- Quote from: LostMyCharles on March 10, 2015, 11:22:40 AM ---
* I sleep with the shirt he was wearing the day he died. I've sweat and cried all over it so it smells nothing like him anymore. I smear his deodorant on it once in a while to "freshen" it up.
Jessica

--- End quote ---

Jessica,
I did this too, B had class the day he died and I had his under shirt on his pillow up until a few weeks ago, it was starting to turn colors. I smeared deodorant on it every night so I could "cuddle with him" The clothes he died in were burned by my father out law, he was trying to protect my love's mother and I from having to see them. In hind sight I wish he hadn't done that.. I'd give anything to have the shirt he passed in...

anniegirl:
Been so long. I forgot that Pentha started this one. Thanks for the reminder.

My favorite (because I could relate to it) was about clothes:

If it's on the floor, it's dirty. In the basket, it's clean.

And all these years later, this is probably still true. At least about clothes in a basket. My family has had to adjust to the new normal of wrinkled clothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version