Author Topic: Confessions of a widow  (Read 75902 times)

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: Confessions of a widow
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2015, 10:35:10 PM »
Thank you TS. Just what I really needed to read right now. I could sure use some avoidance! And the cat litter and poop story was invaluable!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
I ask my daughter for fashion advise way too much!!  What can I say she has good taste.
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

MrsDan

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
DD has a load in her pants but I'm letting her stay outside and play at her sand table anyway. If she doesn't care why should I?
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

Virgo

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2015, 01:12:24 AM »
My 7yo dd lost a tooth tonight. My 13yo dd helped her pull it out.  That means I had tooth fairy duties because my 7yo still believes. :) I rarely carry cash these days because I always use my debit card. Well, sure enough I check my purse and no cash. What do I do? I grabbed a dollar bill from my 7yo's wallet. She'll never know. I'll sneak her another dollar the next time I have cash.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »
Virgo I have done the same thing!  If I have cash it's $20 bill from ATM so I have indeed raided his wallet to put his own dollar bill under his pillow!
You will forever be my always.

gretchen437

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »
Being a parent is the only part of my life that I enjoy right now. *wish I was at home with my kiddos right now*

Virgo

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
I don't feel like fixing dinner, so I'm thinking about just making scrambled eggs and waffles.  Yet here I sit. Cereal anyone? lol
Jen

TooSoon

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Could not deal with dinner tonight either.  Let 8 year old make her own - mac and cheese.  It took her an hour.  She used like 50 utensils and dishes but I am all about 8 year olds who can cook, do laundry and take out the trash these days.....

Virgo

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »
My daughters are 15 (almost 16), 13, and 7 (almost 8.) All more than capable of fixing dinner once in awhile, but it's still left up to me. lol We had scrambled eggs, waffles, and grapefruit.
Jen

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2015, 08:24:10 PM »
I confess:

Dinner was a bowl of cereal tonight. I could not be bothered with anything more laborious than that.

I wanna slap my friend round the face for her blithe affect in life (jealous much? Um, helz yeah, I am!). She doesn't make the faintest attempt to understand why I'm struggling with grief. Still. (Like, shouldn't I be over "that" or something??). Um, Google "grief", hooch!

Opportunistic people around me that try to be advantageous of my giving nature and avail themselves of use of my husband's things, or presume I am loaded due to my being widowed. Widowed = windfall, right?

I'm fairly surly tonight.

Baylee

Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »
I ate the following at the little league concession; jumbo hot dog, soft pretzel with nacho sauce, coke - dessert was a freeze pop. Hell compared to some of the crap I've been eating at home, it was a 4 star feast. Pathetic  :-\
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 07:16:44 AM »
There was a lot of breakfast going around last night wasn't there lol. I had breakfast casserole and bacon. Because the meltdown of my dd dying and frying her hair and having to take her senior pictures yesterday was about all I could handle in one day.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

lcoxwell

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2015, 11:29:26 PM »
We had Open House night at school, which meant a late night for me. I was trying to get things done in my classroom and didn't head home, until after 8:00, so my dinner consisted of 2/3 of a pack of peanut butter crackers, half a Hershey's pie, and a root beer soda. Thankfully, my son had enough sense not to wait on me to get home to feed him. At least one of us ate a decent meal.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
I finally did what I've always said I'd never do.  Went to walmart in PJ bottoms, a tee shirt and flip flops. Oh and wet hair.  OY!
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

Strongerthanb4

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
My kid brushes his teeth about 3 times a week. The fight is exhausting.

I hate being around "normal" people. Am I the only one who notices how conversations are no longer about spouses when I'm in the room.

I have used the "oh, I'm just so overwhelmed" excuse to explain why I don't clean my house. I'm not overwhelmed. I'm under supervised. I don't clean my house because I'd rather play candy crush.