Author Topic: Confessions of a widow  (Read 72865 times)

Virgo

Re: Confessions of a widow
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
Confession? I was home alone last night and was very tempted to allow a married man to come over. Not just to visit either. He is a friend. We talk a lot, and it gets a little inappropriate at times. I've known him and his wife for years. Yes they have a troubled marriage, but they are MARRIED. Why does 'skin hunger' make you so crazy?? I was mentally listing the pros and cons, seriously. :sigh: Really only one 'pro' here, and that was to satisfy my urges. Not good! Full disclosure, I haven't been with anyone since my husband passed away. I've never had casual sex, and I would have never even considered being with a married man before. A little disappointed in myself.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Portside

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »
A little disappointed in myself.

Don't be - to be tempted is to be human.

MIke
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

lcoxwell

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 10:21:04 PM »
Don't be - to be tempted is to be human.

I agree.  You chose not to give into the temptation, and that's what is truly important.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Virgo

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:25 PM »
Thanks, it looks like I'm going to have to continue to be the moral compass in this friendship.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Thanks, it looks like I'm going to have to continue to be the moral compass in this friendship.
that is not an easy feat when our true north seems to be missing.  Stay strong.  A few minutes of pleasure is not worth the destruction.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »
Virgo, yes skin hunger can make you crazy!  The important thing is you didn't so anything you would regret later.  You may need to limit contact until these feelings subside because it's not easy to make the right decision when the flirting gets things going.  Time to start dating maybe?  Talking and flirting with available men could distract you from married guy.
You will forever be my always.

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Sometimes it is easier for me to just believe that I wasn't good enough, and he left me... Instead of what really happened..
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

Callobg

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
I'm in the military and I spray my wife's perfume on my uniforms everyday. I also wear her lotions and deodorant.

LSC,  always and forever,  you will be my love.
Forever and always my wife, my friend, my lover, my everything.

Love you LSC.

marian1953

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
those things are such a comfort, aren't they? Somehow you just feel them in the here and now.

Catnip

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »
1. I work full-time and bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, yogurt and an apple every day. Every single day. It's boring, but quick and cheap.

2. I've completely taken over my master bedroom. My husband died in the winter, and that spring I (and my sons) cleaned out his closet so I could bring out my summer clothes. Now I have a winter closet and a summer closet. I've taken over the bathroom. I have the entire medicine cabinet and vanity all to myself (my sons use the downstairs bath). I often wonder how I could ever live with someone again (it's been 8 years since he has been gone). But then again, how did I manage to live with him for 26 years??
You left and forgot to tell my heart how to live without you.

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
Hello everyone!  My confessions are:
*I try to remember the bad times me and my husband had so I won't feel sad.
*I am now buying lots of foam plates and cups so I don't have to wash dishes.
*I think I like my kid's soccer coach...Not sure if it's mutual..(But I think it's just me wanting it to be!)
*There is another soccer mom whom I don't like- Let me tell you why.  She's my age, she is super hot- thin/very good looking lady- and I don't like her because I've seen the soccer coach eyeing her.  Well last weeks game I had to sit next to her and we started talking turns out she is very nice and easy to talk too-- Bitch!!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:58:51 PM by November »
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

gretchen437

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »
If I don't get a break soon I feel I will snap. I have graduation, bar prep, exams, work, kids, everything boiling up and I feel I am failing in all of these areas. :(

DansSoulmate

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
Here are a few of mine:
>Last night I ate a candy bar and ice cream for dinner.  But, in my defense, I did eat a healthy lunch. 
>At 6 months, the last towel Dan used is still hanging in the master bathroom.  I'm not in a rush to move it.   
>I workout, clean the house and hang out on the deck listening to Dan's ipod.  There are lots of great memories in those songs so it brings smiles and tears.
>Early on I would "embrace" or "hug" his pillow, warm it up and then move it in position to "spoon" me. :) crazy, right?

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
I am considering sending a bag of dicks to the asshole who hit my fiancee and sent him into oncoming traffic.
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

look2thesky

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 01:23:58 PM »
Don't put your return adress on the package
; )