Author Topic: Confessions of a widow  (Read 75227 times)

Jennica

Re: Confessions of a widow
« Reply #420 on: July 25, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »
BH2 and Bunny, that is good to know and even better to hear.

I read this site almost every night before bed. I don't feel so alone when I come here. Sometimes I feel like I have widow stamped on my forehead when I head out the door. I know it's just me and I can't be picked out of the crowd. ☺️

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2017, 01:26:31 AM »
Oh my Jennica, you would not believe how many times I have written those exact words "sometimes I feel like I have widow stamped on my forehead" early out.  I know exactly how you feel.  This place is pretty amazing isn't it.  We are/were there and we get it!
Hugs
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Virgo

« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Today is my birthday. My birthdays are harder for me than his. His birthday was 1/28. Mine is 8/28. I always teased him about being older, 7 months. He died one week after his 39th birthday.  I was officially older than him 8 days after my 39th birthday. It's just hard for me to enjoy my birthday, but I'll put on a half fake smile for my daughters. They love celebrating my birthday. 😊
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »
Virgo: {{{hugs}}}
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Julester3

« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »
Hugs Virgo

MR

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
I had mine last week and exactly one year back i heard from doctors that she is brain dead but couldn't stop kids from wishing me and infact they gave me a small gift too. I was faking whole time but couldn't tell them whose wishes I am missing the most. Cried whole day whenever was alone.

Hugs
Manoj

Amor

• Amor Para Siempre
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2017, 01:10:34 AM »
I still wear his clothes on occasion to bed
Look at the empty chair next to me often and think you should be sitting there.  Wishing no one would sit there but my love. 
still have a hard time saying or admitting the W word.  Like it would change, if I do not say it then it is not true mentality.
Like watching movies we enjoyed together. 

Virgo

« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
I still have the last shirt he wore at home hanging in my closet. I used to smell it daily. Sometimes I slept with it. It's never been washed. It will never be washed again. It has been almost 4 years, so his scent is very faint but still there. I'll never forget his scent even after it completely fades from his shirt.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

jgib

« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2017, 11:52:48 PM »
I still have some of his aftershave.  I can’t get it in Canada, so I save the bottle and bring it out and smell it when I am really lonely......