Author Topic: **Daily/Weekly Goals**  (Read 27751 times)

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
Re: **Daily/Weekly Goals**
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
I managed to find most of our Halloween decorations last night. I planned on setting them up today, but it rained...and hailed...and a small tornado actually touched down a few miles from my house. Very unusual weather for these parts. So I guess I will put he decorations up tomorrow.

TooSoon

« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2015, 09:29:21 PM »
My goal is to get an application for a massive research grant submitted this week and off my slate.  So close, but somehow yet unable to hit send.  Maybe tomorrow.

Virgo

« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »
I've just been getting the basics done, no projects.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »
I'm with you Virgo, just plugging through what has to get done. I need to get my motivation back!  This weekend:
Buy basketball sneakers for youngest
Buy birthday present for NG
Finish putting away outdoor summer stuff
Pick out gas fireplace and schedule installation

You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
I started organizing in my craft room yesterday and plan on working in there tonight too.
Jen

Virgo

« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2015, 08:07:07 PM »
I decorated outside for Christmas.

Tomorrow I'm going to finish up my Christmas shopping.
Jen

Virgo

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2016, 12:36:16 AM »
I thought I would bump this since it's the beginning of the new year. Let's keep each other motivated! !
Jen

DonnaP

• Forever changed because I loved you!
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
I just completed a HUGE goal -- I was asked to participate in an event at Quinnipiac University, where I work. The event is called "Dancing with the QU Stars." The Quinnipiac Ballroom Dance Society has a number of talented students, who each get paired with a faculty or staff partner and learn one dance for the night. My partner and I had to learn a fancy foxtrot. It was nerve-wracking and I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but it was great and I totally enjoyed the experience. There is a clip up on Facebook. I don't know if this link will work - but give it a try:

https://www.facebook.com/donna.pintek/videos/pcb.10209553699148697/10209553689548457/?type=3&theater
I still think of you, Mick...every SINGLE day!

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
Donna that's awesome! And thanks for bringing back the thread, I am needing to make more short term goals because my long term goals are overwhelming me lately.

This week's goals:
1. Start my nutritional program
2. Send in deposit for college for son #2 (final decision has been made) and complete all paperwork
3. Meet with contractor to get windows and siding ordered
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2016, 06:22:24 AM »
Today I need to hopefully straighten out my taxes. I went to file last week and there were issues with the 1099Rs for me and my 3 daughters. Getting through to someone has been a challenge. 

Yesterday I ordered new lenses for my middle daughter. I have an appointment Friday for annual blood work.

I'm also going to order a granite counter top for one of our bathrooms and set up an installation appointment.  It's about time I finish that bathroom! ! I have a few other projects to complete in there too.

Jen

Mizpah

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Since having my daughter almost two years ago, I've needed to write a will.  This morning, I met with a lawyer, got it all set up for drafting, and created a trust for my life insurance for my daughter.  I still need to decide who her legal guardian will be in the case of both me and her father dying (seems an impossible decision - no one seems perfect or acceptable), but otherwise it's taken care of!  Felt like a monumental and overwhelming and expensive task.  Glad I finally got my $h!t together to do this for her. 
widowed 2011 (DH 28)

mmg19

« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »
1.  Clean out closets.
2.  Bag and donate all outgrown winter clothes.
3.  Take books to library to donate.

Next 2 weeks are spring cleaning and I'm doing 1 room each evening after school.

mmg19

« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »
I miss this thread.  Writing down goals and revisiting them weekly helps me stay focused.  Thus, bumping up this thread.  This week's goals:

1.  Get now teenage boys to sort all the outgrown clothes from last summer and make list of what is needed.
2.  Snail mail all birthday, graduation, and get well cards. 
3.  See a sunrise and sunset at the beach this summer.  Not exactly a weekly goal but a much needed mental health goal.

Captains wife

« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2016, 01:33:33 PM »
Ill join as I'm trying to refocus.

1) Continue to work on a plan for my son's development as he is heading to school full time this Sept. I have bought some "fine motor skills" supplies and I am engaging the nanny to work with him during the days I am at work.  This plan is kicking off this week.

2) Keep to new diet...I really slipped in the past few months and I very focused on losing 10 more pounds which will be done via diet and exercise.

3) Plan a romantic evening for NG's birthday (in the week ahead) which is coming up in 2.5 weeks - he has been so sweet to me and I would like to do something for him in return.

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2016, 06:32:09 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of this thread. I've slipped into living in a state of squalor.
1. I really need to straighten this place up.
2. Throw away or donate the unused and not needed items.
3. Sustain the order of things while trying reach goal.
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~