Author Topic: **Daily/Weekly Goals**  (Read 27750 times)

CBB

Re: **Daily/Weekly Goals**
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Okay..Over the weekend I managed to clean out my closet of useless stuff I don't wear or haven't seen in years. Why they were still in my closet after I moved a year ago? Clueless!
2. I went through my sons clothing and parted with the majority of his things. That was a really messed up day! 5 months and it is still killing me in the inside. But I did it. I kept a few shirts in hopes that once my sanity returns, I will make a quilt or something.
3. I keep trying :)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Taking some baby steps gave me a little purpose today . Thanks to all of you here :)
I am different! How could I not be?

marian1953

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »
donated more dress suits that I will never need again. seriously, if anyone here is 5'8" a size 2, 4  let me know if they want some lovely Anne Taylor pants. I also have some clothes from when I was bigger- size  full length camel hair long perfect skirt Talbot's size 6 I never wore and it is lovely. please pm me if you know anyone who needs some really sharp business clothes-thanks!
Marian

Virgo

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
I finally got my taxes filed. It cost me, but it's done. H&R Block is expensive. I'm getting a decent return from the Feds, but I had to pay quite a bit to the state. Fun, fun! Mark it off my list!!
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Questions

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2015, 01:34:01 AM »
Good job everyone!
I think we all know no accomplishment is too great or too small on this journey.

Well, I did get my butt out & shop for summer flowers, then I came home & mowed/edged my front yard & planted posies around the new tree.
I just hope I can keep them alive now..
I think my yard looks so much better with a tree in this spot even though it's still tiny.
Photinias are supposed to grow 3-4 ft every season so in a year & some luck I should see this starting to pay off..

My neighbors have all been commenting on it. My nextdoor neighbors called it "awesome" (well it's not much to look at & is far from awesome, lol) but it made me feel really good to know someone is happy to see me making an effort to improve.. A little encouragement goes a long way!

I also did also get the tarp installed over my pergola & the patio spiffied up.
I rewarded myself by having a BBQ & candle-lit tequilla party out there with my cats after the sun went down. The weather is beautiful here & I'm trying my best to enjoy it.

I also researched a bird on the internet I've been hearing a lot of since I moved here.
Hearing it brought back memories because I remember hearing daily as a child but never knew what kind of bird it was. Finally figured it out by listening to soundbytes on the internet: Mourning Dove (go figure). 

Keep up the good work everyone & don't forget to reward yourselves for a job well done! :)
(((hugs)))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:07:53 AM by Questions »

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2015, 06:51:34 AM »
Questions it looks great!  It will be so much fun for you to watch it grow and fill in and the flowers around the base will really add a pop.  Your home and front yard are very inviting, from your descriptions in the past I wasn't expecting it to look so perfect.  You have a lot to be proud of!

I'm also more than a little jealous of the green grass and outdoor BBQ since we are still a combination of snow and mud here!
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2015, 06:17:13 PM »
Questions your house has a nice curb appeal. The tree looks nice. I like your side walk and front windows.

I accomplished a small project today. I hung my Family Birthdays sign (finally) and filled in all of the birthdays. I framed scrapbooking paper in two metal photo frames to hang above the birthday sign to use as 'white boards.' I like how it turned out.

It feels good to mark things off of my list. Even if it's just a small project. I'm hoping to get another project done after dinner.
Jen

Questions

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »
Thanks! 

Trying, When it's 115 degrees outside (which from the looks of it won't be long from now, lol) & I am melting like a marshmallow in a forest fire I promise to be jealous of your weather.
You'll be outside BBQing, meanwhile I'll be trying to squeeze myself into the refrigerator  :P

Virgo, Your Birthdays Sign sounds cool!.. What an innovative idea.
Pictures? I'd love to see how it came out..

It's so much fun doing artsy projects.

I've been looking for some seating for the south side of my house. There's a big area with nothing really in it & I'd like to have a bench there but they're so dang expensive & what if someone decides to steal it?.
So I thought, ok how about a few bricks or cinderblocks & a board laid over the top. That's pretty cheap. Ugly too, I doubt anyone would want to steal that, lol

Just for drill I googled "brick & board bench" & that's when  I saw this idea on Houzz.
I think it's really cute & the best part is: No sawing/hammering required. Just bricks & pavers stacked & a board sandwiched in between. Probably would cost all of $25 & I could use the armrests to set cascading potted plants on which would add some greenery to an otherwise bland patch of dirt. Definately worth a try..

Keep up the good work everyone! :)
(((hugs)))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:08:23 AM by Questions »

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 06:56:10 AM »
Got my list complete this past week!  We are getting ready for a getaway to Florida Wednesday so this weeks list is short and mostly about getting ready for vacation.  I have to work today, Monday and Tuesday so I need to be organized.

-put a hold on mail and newspaper delivery
-get a mani/pedi because my toes are making their spring debut!
- last minute toiletries and sunscreen
-pack and help youngest pack
-Send my mom Easter flowers since we won't get to see her
- confirm coverage for my patients while I'm away and email treatment plans
- make reservation for Easter lunch in Florida for us and inlaws

I have always been a "list" person, I need to start posting here more consistently, you are all very motivating!
You will forever be my always.

CBB

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
wow Questions! I absolutely love the tree and the flowers in the yard! Awesome job ! And the bench idea is great! Very impressive. You have so many wonderful ideas. I may borrow a few. I am slowly building a stone wall up one side of my driveway.. sort of out of necessity as the yard is very sloped and I don't want it to wash out on me! I will try to get a picture posted to show you some of the progress. I started last fall but the weather and life factors slowed me down.. Mixing concrete and lugging all the stones takes a toll on ya after a while..but spring is coming soon and I am determined to get it finished by summer..**crossing fingers**

Keep up the amazing job you are doing! You so ROCK!

Cyndi
I am different! How could I not be?

Virgo

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »
I didn't make the birthday sign. A friend of mine makes signs and I told her exactly what I wanted. I love how it turned out. I just filled in the birthdays. I'll see if I can figure out how to share a photo.

I'm still working on getting ready for our city garage sale. I'm also working on small projects. Illness is going through our house, so I haven't been very productive. My daughters have spring break next week, so I'm hoping to paint their bathroom.

My goal for this week is to not get sick!! (haha)
Jen

Questions

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 12:42:28 AM »
Trying,
I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida! If the sun doesn't come to you, go to it. Good idea!
Enjoy :)

CBB,
You're an inspiration. I can't even imagine how much work building a retaining wall would be but if anyone can get it done I know you can!  Kudos for being proactive & heading off a potential problem at the pass! & please do post some pics when you can..

Virgo,
Good work organizing for the garage sale & on all your projects!
(Do post some pics if you can.  The attachments option works pretty good..
So sorry to hear about the illness in your family. Keeping my fingers crossed you don't catch anything & wishing everyone else a speedy recovery..

(((hugs)))

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:44:59 AM by Questions »

Virgo

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:02 PM »
Family Birthdays sign without the dates/names attached. I do have them attached now.( Also, the dry erase frames.)

I haven't started painting the bathroom yet, but I'm planning on buying paint tomorrow so I can paint Friday.

I started cleaning and organizing in my scrapbooking/craft room today. What a mess! I can see the floor now though. Lol! Yes, it was that bad!
Jen

Questions

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »
Virgo, The birthday signs came out nice!

Good luck with your bathroom painting project...
I'm sure it will turn out looking nice!

I had to paint mine too. Apparently it was navy blue repainted beige but they didn't put enough coats on so the blue was bleeding through in places.
It turned into quite the project as they also painted the bathtub with wall paint (why on earth would anyone do that?) & the caulking had to be stripped out & redone too.
It was a lot of work but definately worth the effort..

(((hugs)))
Happy painting!

HvnBound

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
Since last Friday until yesterday I felt horrible and here it is Friday already, nothing really has been done all week and then on Monday, I work Opening Day at Busch Stadium. Oh why oh why did I have to feel bad this week? I wanted to get so much stuff done before the season.

Next week the only days I have off is Tuesday and Sunday. I am thrilled about having money come back in since the plan is that whatever I earn from this job will become my savings since the money from the auction I can live off of for a few months. (Both of my parents are impressed by how I have managed to survive on just a few part time jobs or the selling of my things, good, glad they are proud of me because I am too!)

So next week my goal is to finish going thru the clothes and to finally take them to Goodwill - why is this task so challenging to me? I cannot wear my bigger clothes and cannot wear his. I have got to get it done!
"It's time to start living the life you've imagined."

--  Henry James

Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order
to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
  -- Unknown

Virgo

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 02:15:28 AM »
I started my daughters' bathroom. It's going to be a work in progress for awhile. I got two coats painted on all but one wall. I have a guy friend coming over to help me take down the light fixtures. I'm going to spray paint them black and paint that last wall. I still have to buy some new hardware (towel racks, toilet paper holder, rain shower head) with a black finish. My mother in-law is going to help me make a shower curtain. It's going to be like a rag quilt. I already have the material. My brother is also  helping me make custom mirrors. My 13yo and 7yo daughters share a bathroom, so I'm trying to incorporate their favorite colors. I'm painting the walls a light grey. The hardware will be black. Their rugs are a dark pink. Their shower curtain is going to be a mix of patterns (chevron, polka dots, zebra) and colors (aqua, light pink, dark pink, black, white, grey.)  My friend made a sign about 'princesses' with all of those colors (love it!.) Like I said, a work in progress. I just hope it comes together fairly quick. I'm just worried about my brother. Lol! I might have to go with a basic wood framed mirror and paint it. I won't wait on him for very long.
Jen