Author Topic: Spreading Kindness thread  (Read 13687 times)

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
Re: Spreading Kindness thread
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
Helped two woman at bjs club get a case of water into the cart.
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

DonnaP

• Forever changed because I loved you!
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
Wow guys - I had to go to page 7 to find this thread again.

It sort of dropped off the grid for awhile, but I know you've all been doing great things and just not bragging about them - haha.

As for me, I've been busy trying to deal with, you know, life stuff. But in between, I do try to do nice things for people in my life.

I think my biggest "kindness" was taking my Mom (85 years old) into New York City for the day. We took the train in, had lunch, went to the Museum of Natural History and had dinner, then took the train back. It was a fun, if tiring day. We managed the Museum by getting a wheelchair there so she didn't have to do too much walking. All in all, I think she had a GREAT day! I'm glad I was able to make that happen. She loved going into NY when she was younger, but now she can't walk too long without getting tired.

:)
I still think of you, Mick...every SINGLE day!

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
woke up in the foulest of moods today. Forced myself to read this entire thread in order to get out of my funk. Now, I'm merely kinda cranky. Thanks, everyone, for sharing and putting a smile on my face! ( I really love to do little kindnesses for others because it makes me feel so darn good inside. So much so that it almost feels kinda selfish bein' a do-gooder...)

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again."

-Og Mandino

'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.'
-anonymous
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

mmg19

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »
Thanks Donna for bumping up this thread.  I'm really being intentional with spreading kindness but this thread helps me keep it focused.  I cleaned, repaired, and got 4 school bags looking like new and took to our church school supply pantry this week-end.  Bought a few supplies to add to what was needed.