Author Topic: It's good to have a good dock to tie the ship to...  (Read 4964 times)

canadiangirl

Re: It's good to have a good dock to tie the ship to...
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 12:11:51 AM »
My parents.  I know I am lucky in this, and I feel gratitude every day for them, and their support.  They are still together (high school sweethearts), so they don't know what I am feeling, and sometimes I get frustrated, but they still have been amazing, doing the best they can.  Just wish they lived somewhere close by.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:24:03 AM by canadiangirl »

littlebirdie

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
My kids. They've been the only constant in my life over the past three years.

Captains wife

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »
Good points - this keeps us going certainly.

For me it has been:

1) My son (first and foremost)

2) My mother - who has been the most supportive out of anyone since this crazy thing happened.

3) My career - it has kept me busy and my mind busy.

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
I don't feel very anchored in my life either. However, my docks are my gardening, scrapbooking and my son.  I look at my son and he keeps me going, he's my reason :)  My other dock is my widda buddies and this group!
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.

marian1953

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »
My home by the beach that I was able to buy as a result of suing Peter's attorney for malpractice. Damn, I love saying that.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
I'm just adrift. I've managed to find a few other survivors to hang onto, and so far kept my head above water... but barely. I don't know if I'll ever find a safe harbor again.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

ThalginsLuv

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 12:42:15 AM »
My girls, family and friends keep me a float. My spiritual beliefs keeps me from being shipwrecked and marooned. But I haven't quite found a true port to dock into yet but I am still sailing on out of stubbornness.