On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

Guest TalksToAngels

You mean your not interested in the "cougar" thing ? Oh my all the people I meet on these sights love the idea of this. And threeesomes, open relationships, spending someone else's money, then moving on to someone else.

One person told me (as they were on another date the same day), cmon get with it this is the way things are done today. I guess I'm boring. Thought I was a cool person. Guess not.

I am getting very good at the following skill....

Getting men to hide their profiles...all I have to do is message them! 😁

I didn't think I was THAT scary! 😨

Well! What do you know? I did it again! One more unread message and profile hidden! I really am perfecting this skill!

Guest TheOtherHalf

Well I've got to hand it to you for knowing what you want and being so determined to find it. I really do. In that spirit, and to give you further encouragement, it only takes one man to strike the fire and be there to fan the flames of love for years to come. Who knows where you'll find him, but you won't find him if you don't put yourself out there. And these jerks are doing you a favor by showing their true colors from the git. Between that, and your intuition, you may need to throw a lot of profiles into the round file before meeting your love match.

Not sure I am that determined. I try and that is all I can do. I know it only takes one.  Who knows how we will find each other eventually.

In the meantime....more interesting stories to share.

I had someone contact me. Their picture had a copyright from a blog of a 27 year old motorcycler in the US. This man's profile shows 51, and in my city In Canada. He says he is clean shaven now with shorter hair and wants to send me new pics (that's because that is not him in the picture of course). I play along and ask about the picture to see how far he will go.

After a couple messages I call him on it and of course no more contact. I contacted the blogger but have not heard back yet.

He wasn't even smart enough to crop out the copyright before posting!

Even dumber is he still has the picture on his profile.

Guest TheOtherHalf

I get this more deeply than you know. Coupledom has never really been  my thing. When I was young, I needed a man around at all times. I could not bear being alone. With all my men (ha ha, I make it sound like there were a lot, but there was always someone, and usually each boyfriend lasted between 4-6 years until I married, ostensibly so I'd never have to be alone again) what made it worth it for me was all the laughter, sex, food, and long walks. Lots of long walks. And lots of sex. And food. And music. This alone made life worth living to me, and I never wanted anything else really, outside these things - except to settle down and have a family when the right time availed itself.

But relationships never worked out for me. There was always some irreconcilable struggle, and I switched from wanting to be a part of a couple to wanting friendship above everything else. The kinds of friendship I remember as a child and young adult when I had good friends. Lots of give and take and laughs - but the best part is that friends, by and large, don't leave you and don't break your heart.

So my aim for friendship has been so consistently thwarted over the last 15 years, I have finally given up on that as well.

I  meet lots of would be friends, who would bend my ear endlessly about their lives, and very few would even pretend to take an interest in mine. Or, when I came to talk about my life, they would literally laugh at my problems. And that was after bending my ear, sometimes for hours about their problems, their interests, their lives. They didn't even appreciate all the listening I did, all the thoughtful feed back, all the carefully couched, circumspect advice. They didn't care about my care at all.

So I'd meet each potential new friend like you would meet each potential new mate. With high hopes getting dashed at every turn.

I no longer believe in friendship and no longer look for it. If I want that in my life again, I am going to have find it through the dating game. But relationships for me, end up being a thousand times lonelier than being alone, especially if you're peaceful and happy in your own skin, which I mostly am by now.

My words were meant to give you support and encouragement, but it seems I missed the mark.

The reason why I'm offering this now, is that I attract the same kinds of blindly self serving two faced jerks as potential friends over and over again. So I have pulled out of the friendship quest altogether until I find out what it is about me that makes people think they can take whatever they want, then walk all over me as if I am garbage.

That's how these guys are treating you. If I were in your position, ,that's how I would feel too. It's not that you and I are garbage, but I think it behooves us both to find out either why we are drawn to people who treat us like that, or figure out why we may actually feel like that on the inside, unconsciously.

The unconscious is so powerful it will draw people who are a reflection of us in some capacity. So if they treat us like nothing, I think we need to find out what it is that makes us feel like we are nothing on the inside.

Not sure if this is going to make any more sense to you or not. I do feel badly to see so much hurt and disappointment come to you and I do hope that turns around for you.

Edited to add: My favorite, when it came to "friends"  is how some of them would wax poetic about how wonderful they are. What great mothers they are. What a fantastic work ethic they have. How the shine in all they do, and are a beacon to all who's eyes light upon them. And how they are loved and surrounded by love - how they have lots of friends who adore them, how they are at the top of their game in their respective careers, etc. Then, after they've reached some kind of cerebral orgasm with all that, turn their attention to pointing out everything that's wrong with me. Like "You really like mythology, don't you. That's a bit weird..."  and the unasked for critique would begin to gain momentum until some kind of explosive, cerebral multi-orgasm is achieved. And then people wonder why I want to be a prostitute. It's because I want to be paid for a change for all the pleasure I give.

TheOtherHalf, thank you for offering support and encouragement.

You didn't miss the mark at all.

Most of these stories are from on line encounters before I've met them and mostly have no intention of meeting those particular prospects. They have not hurt me in any way, just given me some insight on what is out there and some entertainment value.

When I first started on line dating, I had no clue what I was doing. I had not dated in 26 years.  I started this thread to both share my experiences as possible help and support for others like me and to offer some much needed laughter at times that we all need.

When I see others post on this thread with similar stories, it helps me to not think I am nuts, and that I am not alone in my experiences.  I hope I can make others feel the same. I wish I was given some of this insight early on.

Hurt and disappointment  are part of this on line dating stuff but I get it and I am strangely accepting of it in a weird way. Thank you for the good wishes. I know one day good things will come. In the meantime I will keep enlightening and entertaining you folks with the not so good!

Sorry for rambling so late....I just can't seem to fall asleep tonight.

Guest TheOtherHalf

Oh I'm glad. I get very self conscious about my posts. I got to do a lot of venting myself and feel much better for it, so thanks for allowing me the room. I've been dying to get all that off my chest forever.

Of course you should keep venting. I shall try to refrain from rescuing you from this worthy enterprise.

I'll just offer my own vents, about a boyfriend situation that, you guessed it, no one on this earth can relate to. But, I don't have to date him, do I? That's what your thread did for me. Thank you for starting it.

I'm up too, as you can see. Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update 😊.....

...So you all thought "Hi" was as lame a message as you could get???

I received a "H r u"....couldn't even type out the words!

...Received "STD free?"..... as an entire first message....

...Decided to message a few more after a little break...Progress!...no replies but....they didn't hide their profiles! 😀

...New feature on OKC...you can link up your profile to your partners if you use any other status but single....All I can think is 😨

I need a palm hits forehead emoji.....

...Forgot one...."Such a babe"....he was 37!

I saw that on OKCupid.  I guess it goes with some of the couples I have seen on there looking to add a third, which also sorta fits the astonishing number of people listing as bisexual on there.  All very interesting.  Makes me feel way more vanilla than I actually am! :-)

Take care,

Rob T

Yes Rob, I think it may be for the 3somes...

Not sure if men are approached for this but I know I have been. I never would have thought it was a big enough deal to have a new feature geared for it. Oh boy, I guess I am too vanilla as well.

To all those that read this thread....

I thought I would change the title of this thread a little. I wanted it to better represent how this thread has evolved to include some of the laughs as well as the vents.

Ya know...hmmm hmmm

What tha heck are people thinking?

Well never mind,I really don't care what they're thinking.

I'm so vanilla,I'm like French vanilla smirl with basic vanilla.

Its odd to me that promiscuity has become a quality to some degree..

I'm so vanilla,I'm like French vanilla smirl with basic vanilla.

Thanks Torn that made me grin - I am happy enough to be vanilla (each to their own of course!), but prefer to think of it as French vanilla made with real vanilla pods, free range egg yolks and organic cream perhaps. Maybe in an affogato :-)

Oh my there's some good "bad" stories in this thread. Thanks for sharing. I met my late dh online, and my current guy as well. So things weren't all bad. I don't have horror stories. I don't get what the guys are thinking though, when their first contact is to ask what size my breasts are. I want to say seriously? does that like work for you creeper? But I just blocked and moved on, lol.

I read this and it's hilarious! Then I started reading the other stories on that site and....

Beware! There's a sick joke of piece with the title How to Talk to Your Child About Death, which is only funny to those who have not yet experienced a tragic loss. Skip that one if you can.

Sorry for the off-topic digression.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.  Closing out the weekend, I thought I had three dates - a first date today with a woman I have been messaging with for awhile, a fifth date Friday with a woman I've got on well with before, and a first date with a widow who I expected to be "just friends" with.  The first one cancelled on Monday, saying her Mom was sick and she had some bad job news and would not be good company.  I might hear from her later on.  The second one had already had to decline a date offer last week, and Friday was the rescheduled time, but she cancelled earlier today due to just being too busy.  The third one I did meet, and I liked her but don't see a connection.  Oh well, January started with great promise in other areas, so to heck with it.  I kinda wish chat were still a thing we did here.

Take care,

Rob T

I'm sorry Rob....

It has been an interesting month...

Met one gentleman, very nice but not more than friends.

Chatted with another, widower, new in town, when I suggested we meet, he went poof! Scammer for sure.

Chatting with a new gentleman I am enjoying very much. Plan to meet after I get back from my trip. Some spidey senses that there might be something fishy. We shall see.

Had date 5 with my minimal texter. Movie only, no attempt to touch me until the good night kiss...still don't know if am I am a buddy with kissing benefits! He is really nice and texts me every day. He did ask tonight if I packed a bikini for my trip!

Rob, you can chat with us ladies in Florida if you want!!! 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a little update!

Gentleman (using the term loosely) I was enjoying chatting with seems to have gone poof! I don't think I was providing the pics or dialogue he was desiring. Suspicions he may have been a loan shark too!

My widower (who went poof), new to my city, said he was a pipeline engineer, he was from match.

Oh, guess what, I have a new match on tinder.....a widower, new to my city, who is a pipeline engineer....😨 You just can't make this stuff up! I am not holding anything back with this one!