Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for keeping this and other similar threads going!!!  As I have said in the past, while I may wish I simply had the internal self motivation to do everything I should, the reality is I am more of a people pleaser. My person to please is gone, making threads like these very useful to me. When I get my computer back, I will join in as best I can!

Guest Bear1956

225 pounds body weight by my 40th high school reunion 28 Nov 2015.

Current BW is 290ish.

The plan is daily whole body workouts with light weight until I lose a bunch of blubber, and get my hernia fixed.

Guest littlebirdie

Okay, so I'm aiming for yoga every day - working on my arm and core strength so I can do handstands again. I hate that I've lost so much strength/core stability over the past couple of years.

Plant-based diet - I'm not vegan, but I do aim to get the bulk of my calories from plants and starchy carbs. I eat mostly rice, potatoes, greens and beans/lentils; I eat a lot of soup. Sometimes fruit, but more so in the summer. I know my diet sounds boring, but I'm a creature of habit when it comes to food.

I'm not looking for anything drastic, just consistency.

Thank you for this thread!  I am coming out of my winter slumber - basically total hibernation, zero activity level.  Committed to walking four days a week for an hour a day.  Thank you all for your inspiration.  Wishing you success in achieving your goals.

Started Zumba at Christmastime, I have been doing three classes a week most weeks. I added a "boot camp" class on Saturdays last month. Now just have to add the part about backing away from the table a little sooner! Feeling a lot stronger and sleeping better.

Zumba is quite a hoot for me, I can't dance and get it wrong all of the time, but the ladies are very nice and encouraging and the hour flies by. All the real dedicated women have fit bits so they tell us how many steps and calories. Usually 6K steps and 360 calories, but I figure every time I do a leg lift I am lifting twice what they are so maybe I am burning more? Ha ha .

Just want the scale moving in the right direction. Would love to get back to my fighting weight, but that would just be an added perk.

Guest Bear1956

Today:

One-arm db row: 45 lbs x 20-15-10 each arm

Military press: 45 lbs x 20, 65 x 15, 85 x 10

Back squat: 100 lbs x 20-15-10

Short daily workouts with an emphasis on cleaning up my diet.

(80% paleo with some intermittent fasting for body and soul.)

I have been attending Bootcamp 4-5 days a week for 7 months.  We started an 8 week transformation challenge January 3rd and we had to partner with a friend.  The accountability was key.  We were announced as the winners at the dinner tonight!  34 lbs down between us and I personally lost about 10 inches total.  But, it's over.  I need another goal.  Maybe another 8 week personal challenge?  Suggestions?

Time to get back into trim after winter.

Was at the gym 4x this week with a new coach. Former pro footballer and now my strength coach. I hurt everywhere - I think even my hair hurts. But in a good way.

Coming week's goal - 4x again and keep it up.

Guest Bear1956

I need another goal.  Maybe another 8 week personal challenge?  Suggestions?

To run a 5k?

Bluebird might have better ideas on how to train for this than me.

To run a 5k?

I am training for a ? marathon 5/2. I think I need a nutrition goal.

To run a 5k?

I am training for a ? marathon 5/2. I think I need a nutrition goal.

I'm training for a half too Mangomom! Mine is 4/19.

Congratulations on winning your challenge! 10" is incredible!!!!

Perhaps you could think about working on the quality of your diet in some way? I find that sometimes it's good to give my body a break after calorie restricting, but so I don't lose progress, I try and enhance quality. Like making a choice to eliminate any added sugars, or cutting out soda. My personal goal right now is to maintain and eat enough protein so I don't lose muscle mass with all the running I'm doing.

Good luck to those training for a half marathon.  I'm running one May 9th.  But my big thing is I am doing my first triathlon on May 3rd.  Should be interesting as I have not been out on my bike yet...

Mangomom - nutrition goal - maybe cut out processed food?  I know planning my meals for the week is very helpful (although I don't do it often enough).  My biggest issue is lunch.  If I don't cook dinner then I don't have leftovers for lunch...then the lunch struggle begins.

Getting fit has become my new hobby. I gained about 15 pounds after Alex died, thanks to mt.dew. I've since lost 10 of those pounds by using workout videos on fitnessblender.com

I've also tried to drink less soda. That is the hardest thing for me because soda is like my comfort food.

My goal this week is to cut back on the amount of mt. dew I drink!

@bluebird and @manutes girl - I have cut out sodas, artificial sweeteners and most processed foods.  I need to take in more protein like you said, Bluebird.  I think my next number to hit will be a body fat percentage loss.  Not sure what is a reasonable goal though.  Off to read up!

@Manutes girl...  an half THEN a tri?  I wanna be you when I grow up!

Today is my first day off of caffeine and nicotine (cold turkey).

First day on raw/whole foods/vegan cleanse.

I am feeling a very slight headache and pretty tired right now. My goal this week is to continue my cleanse and not give in!