Some little things I miss from the 'old' board

BrokenHeart2

I miss:

Seeing where you are located in the world.  Not exact location but in general.

When your Dear Spouse died.  That may sound weird but gives an idea how far along you are in this weird new life.  Not for comparison but I guess something that used to just be there.

Is there anything you miss or am I just being melancholy?

First I have to express my gratitude and amazement at what some truly wonderful members here have accomplished in setting this new home up. THANK YOU!

I agree I am missing seeing how far out other are and when they choose to share where they are located.  Having that information right on the sidebar was useful to me.  I know it is in the profile if they entered the information but it not quite the same.

The one other thing I would love is if when you go into a thread it could remember what post you left off reading at instead of bringing you to the beginning each time.  Again wishful thinking but I'm still grateful for what we do have.

Guest littlebirdie

I wish we could get our widowed dates to show up under our avatars. It's a good point of reference. Maybe the code can be modified somehow to make that happen, IDK.

I wish we could get our widowed dates to show up under our avatars. It's a good point of reference. Maybe the code can be modified somehow to make that happen, IDK.

Went hunting and found a spot for personal text under the avatar. It's in the forum profile settings under the spot where avatars can be uploaded...could be a work-around for the time being for those interested.

The one other thing I would love is if when you go into a thread it could remember what post you left off reading at instead of bringing you to the beginning each time.

We are trying to figure out the sidebar stuff for location at least (I may be wrong, but I think you had to click on profiles to see date of death of spouse, it is just that the join date used to be a more accurate estimate of the amount of time one had spent on their journey) but I did want to point out if you click on the little "new" icon next to the post, it will take you right to the first new post since your last view. I hope that helps! :)

Is there an equivalent to the "Active Topics" button on here that brings things up across all boards in order of latest post?

I think if check at the top left of the page where it says hello to you there is a link that says show unread posts since last visit.  Hope that helps.

Guest littlebirdie

Went hunting and found a spot for personal text under the avatar. It's in the forum profile settings under the spot where avatars can be uploaded...could be a work-around for the time being for those interested.

Awesome! Thank you. :)

The one other thing I would love is if when you go into a thread it could remember what post you left off reading at instead of bringing you to the beginning each time.  Again wishful thinking but I'm still grateful for what we do have.

Yup, I agree on this one. 

This post was no intention to rush Jess and the others to get thing done. All in good time. Heck it's only been a couple of days. Just thinking out loud is all :)

Thanks.

Oh no, I didn't read it as that as a push to rush at all. :) Please continue thinking out loud about features so we know what we need to try to figure out. That way too if there is an existing way, we can let you know or someone else that has figured it out can help the others as has been happening. I do want to pop in and let people know they are heard about what they are asking for, though.

Yup, I agree on this one.

This function is already there. Don't click on the title link, click on the icon at the right hand side of it. Otherwise you'll start back at the beginning.