"It's so strange..."

SoVerySad

We are currently at the beach. I've been sick, but the kids have been waiting all summer to go and I wasn't going to let them down. Yesterday, we stopped for a snack and cool drinks. The three of us were sitting at a table for 4. My son said, "It's so strange that he's not here with us. There's always just that empty chair." He is so right. Still after over 2 years, it just all seems so strange. I wanted to say something uplifting, but couldn't find the words. I just nodded my head in agreement and the tears started rolling down my cheeks. I often wonder if they think about him as much as I do. We talk about him and share good/funny memories a lot, but it hurts me as their mom to think how much losing him still hurts them. He should be here with us.

Guest TooSoon

Big hugs, friend.  How brave of you to venture to the beach!  Of all the places we have gone, the beach has been the toughest, not just because we have so many memories but because it is such an IN YOUR FACE family place.  It is no surprise your son remarked on the empty chair.  The times I went alone with Marina, also because I could not deprive her the beach, were not easy.  I hope you're feeling better soon and can perhaps find some joy in the sound of the waves or a nice sunset.  Lots of love from us!