Best friend is pregnant

Best friend told me she's expecting baby number 2 today. I am happy for her, but she didn't want another baby, & all I've ever wanted was to be a Mom...yet another round of grief for the widow. I just want to cry until the end of time, but I still can't do that without DH's arms around me. This kinda sucks.

Big hugs. 

One of my best friends was pregnant when DH died.  We had been discussing starting a family right before he was diagnosed with cancer.  It was hard.  I couldn't bring myself to go to the shower and surround myself with such happiness while I was so sad.  She is a beautiful soul and completely understood.  They named him after DH when he was born, so even though we didn't get to have children of our own, a little piece of him lives on.

I kind of know the feeling.  DH and I decided we wanted to start to try to have kids on Sunday and he passed away on Wednesday.  Now, 2 months later, his cousin who is our age just announced she is pregnant.  She got engaged about a month ago, is getting married at the beginning of October, and now is having a baby.  She is living my life, or what was supposed to be my life.

*btw, I don't think that her being pregnant is why she got engaged and is getting married so soon, she already has another kid out of wedlock so I don't think they really care.  I truly think they are in love it just sucks.

Hugs!!

• 1 month later...

And it has begun.  Dave and I used to hang out with 3 other couples and this past week 2 of the couples let me know they are pregnant.  Dave and I started to try to have kids 3 days before he died.  Basically we would have all be pregnant around the same time and been in love and cute.  The 4th couple doesn't want kids so it's like.. idk I'm missing out on stuff already.  The one couple was the first wedding I went to after Dave passed away.  ughhhh.. FML!!!!!!!!!

And it has begun.  Dave and I used to hang out with 3 other couples and this past week 2 of the couples let me know they are pregnant.  Dave and I started to try to have kids 3 days before he died.  Basically we would have all be pregnant around the same time and been in love and cute.....

Tim and I were going to start tying to have kids right after I turned 28 and he had hopefully landed his first teaching job - in September 2013.  His accident was April 2013. 

...His best friend and his new wife just had a baby this past March.  Like you, we were planning on having little ones at the same time so we could be the cute new parents together and maybe even raise them as surrogate cousins.  I know there were multiple conversations where we would refer to each other as future Aunties and Uncles to our hypothetical children.

It kills me that Tim and my child will always be hypothetical, especially when I attend social gatherings and see couples our age with toddlers running around playing together.  That should have been us.  In a perfect world, our little Morgan or Ian would be about a year and a half old now.

Now I'm 30.  I'm diabetic and the ticking of my biological clock is deafening.  I spend most of my time doubting that the stars will ever align in such a way that makes parenthood possible.

I understand.  FML too...

• 1 month later...

I am 99.9% sure my husband's death caused a bit of a baby boomer type event within my sorority.. now 5 of my sorority sisters have announced they are pregnant.. all within the month.. not saying they weren't trying before but part of me wonders if they heard Dave died and thought wtf are we waiting for...