30 years ago...

SoVerySad

on this date, I married my best friend and love. We shared an amazing marriage of 27.5 years. Life threw us a lot of challenges, but we seemed to grow closer and stronger with each one. We focused on the good things, held tight to each other, and harnessed the power of laughter. Two & a half years ago today, he died suddenly and unexpectedly. It is still unfathomable that he isn't here to celebrate with me today.

I remember on our 25th anniversary, hoping that we would reach 50 years together. I feel like I was so blessedly na?ve then, never considering that we wouldn't even make it to our 30th. I so wish we had. I am remembering this sweet man with so much love today - just as I still do every day.

Happy Anniversary, darling!

Our wedding photo here (I couldn't figure out how to insert it):

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/tlensbow/IMG_20140921_0002_zpsbeea79d0.jpg

My sweet, loving friend.  If only I could wish it all away for you.  I wish so much that this cruel twist of hand had never brought us together.  Words triumphantly fail so I will simply say that I love you and hold you and your beautiful children always close, especially now but also always.  All of our love, M and me. 

(((((SoVerySad)))))

I saw your post today and thought 'Wow, We share a wedding anniversary! "  Hard to believe it was 30 years ago. It has been more than 12 years since I last got to see my DH. So we only got to share 17 anniversaries together. I still miss him and am sure I always will, but was glad that we were able to share our lives for even that short period of time.

I hope the happy memories of your life together helped you through the day.

Ginger

Thank you all for your love, hugs, and support. Ginger, what a lucky day for both of us, huh? I live in PA and it was very unseasonably hot that day here. Normally I mind the heat, but that day I didn't have a care in the world. I was the calmest bride ever - no second thoughts - just pure happiness with becoming T's wife. I'm so sorry you didn't get more years to share with your husband. Sending you belated anniversary hugs...

Oh, Carol, so many (((((((HUGS))))))!!! I'm so sorry I'm late-- I've been preoccupied with school and work and haven't gotten in as much as I should. Happy Belated Anniversary... I keep typing and deleting, nothing I say seems right, but please know you're in my thoughts. Lots of love, sweetie!