Widows group

I found a widows group and went for the first time today.  It's a walking group of mostly older ladies.  I thought that would be weird but it wasn't.  They were so kind.  I walked up and asked if it was the group and in seconds I was in someone's arms crying.  All she said was "I understand.  We will be here for you." It was the kindest moment. 

We walked and I just talked and talked.  Babbled in fact.  A lady said at one point "it won't ever get better.  But it will change." It was freeing. To think I don't have to "get better".  I can be weak right now if I need to be.  I don't have to strive to heal.  It will come as it needs to. 

I am glad you found that group and it does help so much to be with people that get it

its like we now speak a different language that only others in this understand

makes a world of difference to be understood

hope you get to meet up with them again

I think belonging to a group like that would be absolutely invaluable to help you. I went along to one but I was the youngest by about 30 years and just couldn't relate to any of these older woman so I haven't been back. I just felt like the odd one out. I have met a couple of other young widows like me through friends and they have been so wonderful to talk with, more helpful than anything else I have come across.