North East PA Bago? HECK YES! - I dare you..

keeptrying

Went to one Bago. Never hosted one, but what the heck.. what is the worst that can happen, right?

Any suggestions would be great because I don't know what I am doing. I can cook though, and I have enough room if anyone needs a place to stay. Christmas season here, everyone doing their thing.. not really my thing. Time to try something new.

My house.. eat, board games, if you have kids, we feed them junk food and let them get crazy.  If you don't have kids, you eat the junk food and get crazy! - Or, we can meet and grab some amazing pizza.. movie..  If you are up for it, have ideas and suggestions..   

Hi. I set up my first minibago at 8 weeks out at an Olive Garden in St Louis....my home was a mess so there was no way I would invite anyone over. I think your idea is pretty cool - board games and food? Cool. I hope this takes off for you cause bagos are the best healing thing around. Good luck to you!

Guest TooSoon
A vegan restaurant in Scranton?!?!  I don't believe it!  Just kidding.  We're going to be out of town over the holidays but if somehow this materializes in the New Year, M and I will come. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

My schedule is a little complex bc of work but I could do 1/23 or later than Feb. 21.  I think it makes the most sense to try scheduling something in the Lehigh Valley as it is is equidistant for a lot of us PA people and surrounding areas.  We really do need to get together again.  You're all welcome at my house if you have no expectations of organization or cleanliness.  SVS, singingmomo4, lsm, Michael, Imissdow, keep trying, quovadis, and others what do you think? 

Guest TooSoon

As soon as school starts next week, I'l have a much clearer picture of my work commitments for the next few months.  Let's agree on sometime soon after 2/21 and I'll get back in touch with some dates.  Yes, Saturdays are best for us, too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Since the op is up in the WB-Scranton area and most of the rest of us are south, maybe someone propose a couple of dates somewhere in between?  My schedule is bonkers at the moment but if we're free, we will be there (we as in M and me).

• 2 weeks later...

Pittsburgh is a little too far for me, but your post made me chuckle. I would have to go through Somerset via the turnpike to get there. I swear I have never gone through Somerset when it wasn't snowing there. The center I managed was placed in a region with centers in Pittsburgh for a while as my location is an outlier. I had to go to Pittsburgh for regional meetings. I always hit snow in Somerset it seemed, even when it was lovely weather the whole rest of the trip.

• 11 months later...

Hello all, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I decided to stick my neck back out in my old career field, and after a few opportunities reared their heads and disintegrated, it looks like I've landed a project in NE PA. Tobyhanna, anybody familiar? I'm unfamiliar with the area and have been checking schools, daycare, and apartments. I think most of the guys are saying in Camelback and Tannersville, but I was thinking school in Mt. Pocono, and found a daycare there that opens at 5am. No apartments yet though, waiting on a realtor to call me. Any advice on schools, daycare, and apartments? I hope to get to meet you all!

Thanks, Adley

• 4 weeks later...

Weather is hot, freezing, hot, freezing...  Next really nice days... if anyone is up for it.. I know I am a bit far from everyone.. but I am a pretty good cook.. I'll cook something up, and have enough enough room if anyone needs a place to stay..    Getting together would be nice!

Guest TooSoon

Hello all, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I decided to stick my neck back out in my old career field, and after a few opportunities reared their heads and disintegrated, it looks like I've landed a project in NE PA. Tobyhanna, anybody familiar? I'm unfamiliar with the area and have been checking schools, daycare, and apartments. I think most of the guys are saying in Camelback and Tannersville, but I was thinking school in Mt. Pocono, and found a daycare there that opens at 5am. No apartments yet though, waiting on a realtor to call me. Any advice on schools, daycare, and apartments? I hope to get to meet you all!

Thanks, Adley

Hi Adley,  We live in Allentown (about 45 mins from Poconos).  Feel free to reach out if/when you relocate.  I tried looking up schools up there - I might suggest checking out the Stroudsburg Area school district (it is ranked 95th in the state on niche.com).  I've never been but people say Stroudsburg is a cute town, too. 

P.S. - edited to add - I just saw on your other post about rings that you rode in a Mardi Gras float which tells me maybe you're somewhere near NOLA.  I went to Tulane and a little bit of my heart still lives in LA.  :)

Thanks for the response! It looks like the PA isn't gonna go this year, bummer, they really had my hopes up. Now it looks instead of 5 months at Tobyhanna it'll be 6 weeks in NM.  But there are always projects there, I will probably make it one day. I know a lot of you are in the region, hope to meet you all someday! Oh and my heart is always here as well... but we were in Lake Charles parade, though I love New Orleans, the culture here is distinct. Thanks!