Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

I actually did something interesting for once! My son and I went to a chocolate festival and sampled the decadence. He also climbed a rock wall and and did some bungee jumping. I opted to watch. ;D

Later, around midnight, my adult daughter and I ventured out to the 24 hour Walmart to get last minute Super Bowl party items...and Walmart at midnight on a Saturday night was as entertaining as the festival.

I acceded to a request to take the girls shopping after dinner.  I was in Goodwill playing "guess the purpose of the mystery appliance" while they looked for dress-up clothes for a thing at school, and then in Barnes and Noble marveling about how they still have these things called books, and even more anachronistically, how they have a big section of vinyl records for the hipsters (ugh, I hated vinyl and am not in the least nostalgic for it).  After that, it was a rousing evening of guiding Sarah through a reinstall of Windows on her computer.  It's just how we roll here at Chez Thurlow!

Take care,

Rob T

I just wanted to share how I spent my Saturday night because it is kind of neat...I took my kids to the New York Islanders game (that's not the neat part).

One of the players, Travis Hamonic, lost his dad when he was 10-years-old.  Now he invites kids in similar situations to use his tickets to the game and then, after the game, he meets with them.  (you can google the terrific story ESPN did on him a few years back)  My two were thrilled.  One of the first things he said to them was that he promised that it will get better. He was honest and said that this first year will suck but as time goes on, the pain is less and less.  They will never forget their Dad but the sadness will make way for keeping traditions, making new traditions and living life the way he would have wanted.

Not a bad Saturday night.

Not Saturday, but last Friday: 

I went out for the first time with some friends for drinks.  I also wanted to see a Led Zeppelin cover band that was playing that night, but my friends decided to stay perched at their watering hole.  I decided to go by myself to hear the band.  I mean, come on; Misty Mountain Hop (or insert your favorite LZ song here) is the best"fuck cancer" song.  Why? I don't know....  With those pounding drums and everything else going on in the song, I just feel like it is.  Music is incredibly healing.

I felt like I turned my widow sign off for a few hours -- and that was okay.  Thankfully, nobody bothered me or hit on me and I didn't talk to anyone (even thought the bass player looked like the coolest dude strutting his stuff up there on stage....).

Well, I was supposed to have a date with my ghoster last night....

Since I had childcare prearranged, I tried to get some friends to go out and do things. Everyone was busy! I then get a call from a meetup friend, to join him at a valentine dance. So my sexy Saturday night consisted of dancing with some sexy shoes! 😁

2017-02-12_16_35_05.jpg.3c48a6bfe97e4ec2c38910c13b867a86.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Sexy widowed Saturday Night is here!  Bring it!  Back in the early days, I loved this thread.  I used to say I was with my date named Malbec, inevitably in my pajamas by 6 pm and likely watching Silver Linings Playbook for the 8000th time.  Its like 800 degrees below zero, I'm not quite in my pajamas (but close) and for as much as things have changed, they haven't changed all that much.  What's on deck tonight? 

• 2 weeks later...

Spent almost three hours sitting in my car while DD was at a dance dress rehersal- I know, I know, you all wish you too could have your but fall asleep like that!! I did learn that the overhead light in my car and the radio will turn off after about 20 minutes if the car isn't running, which is good to know I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I was supposed to host dinner with friends tonight but that fell through so instead I decided to go run errands and do some shopping.  Almost three hours and 6 stores later, I'm back home. Not good for the wallet but some things were a necessity and it helped me avoid sitting home alone. So now to go relax in the recliner and watch a movie on Amazon Prime. "Manchester by the Sea" is now available, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet...

• 1 month later...