Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Its been a long lonely three weeks for me since I resigned from my job, ending my 20 some year career but we had tickets to go listen to the Sun Ra Arkestra and Kamasi Washington last night in Philadelphia.  Its one of the first times I've left the house in nearly a month.  We had a drink with some friends in the city and went to the show.  And it was so, so good.  Dancing and just unbelievable genius sound.  I needed that.  On to the job search tomorrow....

• 1 month later...

Sitting here in jammies waiting for my daughter to put down her phone and watch tv with me, only to find out she's watching Netflix without me.  What's with teenagers these days that they'll sit in the room with the 50 inch tv but still watch on a 4 inch phone?! I would have died for even a 30 inch t.v. growing up.....

Went to the family Christmas party with at my father-in-laws. Second Christmas without her, but the first one really didn't count as we were still in shock. Stayed for a few hours, it was good that I went but everyone was very subdued. Left early and spent an extra hour on the stationary bike exercising away my feelings. Considering just calling it a night now and going to bed early.

• 3 weeks later...

Another exciting Saturday night here.... decided to stream The Last Song with daughter, but I didn't know the dad dies! She took it better than me, though she went right up to bed when it was over - but she's also my kid that said one night this week "its 8:05! I can finally go to bed and not be a loser" hm? Two days before that she went to bed at 7:30?! Oh to be 14 again.

Anyways, after that good cry I'm not sure if I should go to bed or watch a bang-em-up,shoot-em-up movie.

It's Saturday night, my house is empty of all the kids tonight. I have been puttering around ticking off little projects most of the day.  I should now do some database cleanup for work...WOOHOO! I'm going to skip watching anything because it will completely distract me. I'm already distracted here...lol.

Anyway, just wanted to "stop by" and say hello to everyone.

Today was my 5th birthday without DH and finally felt it was more than bearable and for that I am truly grateful.  Wow I had no idea it would take this long but it did.

I met a beautiful 12 yr old today who is the daughter of my stepsons girlfriend.  For my birthday she drew me a beautiful red cardinal.  I almost cried when I saw it but did not want to upset her so I refrained and was so happy to get it from her.  She had no idea of the significance of the red cardinal which kind of overwhelmed me at the same time.

Life is getting better.

RAM,  I'm sorry you don't feel like its getting any better. Your day today of course would be a tough one to feel better on. I also had 19 years married with her and am heading toward what should have been our 25th anniversary this April.  I'm 5 years out and I was also not feeling much better a couple years ago and still today there are moments and days that are tough...but those days do get further and further apart. Everyone's experience is still different despite our similarities.

Hoping you can have a peaceful night and better tomorrow. 

I originally thought my Saturday night was going to be alone with the cat.  My youngest son decided to stay home tonight so we made dinner together and watched a couple movies.  In between I was able to share some nice texting again with someone special tonight.  All in all not a bad Saturday night!

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the week!  We've got four inches (insert inappropriate joke here) already in PA.  Fire lit, soup on and bread in oven, wine poured, some sort of not very sexy PBS watching on deck....what's everyone else up to?  Stay warm (and off the roads) if you're in the NE snow belt tonight! 

• 3 weeks later...

Home alone tonight, watching old Star Trek: Enterprise reruns on Hulu. They're actually new to me, as I never watched when it was originally out, and never got around to it before now.

I figure it counts as Sexy Widowed Saturday Night because, you know... Scott Bakula!  ;) 

• 1 month later...

I went out to a local Mexican restaurant to listen to a band. My 18yo and 16yo work there. It was fun seeing them, and of course I always get great service. Several of their coworkers came up to me and said how much they adore my girls. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my own tonight. My 19yo and 16yo are working, and my 10yo is staying with her grandparents. I'm catching up on laundry and cleaning. I might go out later tonight, but more than likely I'll stay home and work on my homework. I really should go out though. We'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...

I put myself in "timeout" last night!  Took off all of my "hats" - the "mom" hat, the "daughter" hat, the "teacher" hat..... and so on.....  Decided to spend a couple of hours on ME.  Took a drive.  Took a hike.  Got out into nature.  It was so refreshing.  Just wish there was a beach closer.......  ;) 

• Like 4

I live in northern Indiana. Not to far from Chicago.  :)

I actually have plans this Saturday. I'm going to a concert in Ft Wayne. Bad Wolves, DIAMANTI, and Ashes to New. My sister inlaw lives in Ft Wayne so I'm going to meet up with her after the concert. 

Edited by Virgo

I would've loved to have been home and on my couch last night! I was feeling fragile and tense (I think Anthony Bourdain's death was a trigger for me.) I actually got teary while walking in the park thinking of having to go out that night. It was a quarterly-ish dinner with hometown friends. One, the most "friend" of these friends, has pretty much ignored me since getting a boyfriend a year ago. I was a clear and present friend to her throughout my marriage and subsequence relationships and feel utterly abandoned by her. The others I do not feel intimate enough with or see often enough to be "real" at dinner. So I simply drank too much at the table. Not a good solution, I know. I'm headed out tonight with a friend to see a singer whom I adore. The last time I saw her was with my husband and the last time I was in this venue was with my one serious relationship since. I'm not going to drink anything but club soda and I know it's going to be an emotional minefield. Sunday night will DEFINITELY be couch night!