Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Comic Con is so fun though!

The concert was amazing! I got to meet DIAMANTE. I was totally "fan girling." I got her autograph and a picture with her too. Bad Wolves and From Ashes to New player too. All great live! 

I'm glad I went. I almost talked myself out of going since I went by myself. Surprisingly I didn't feel alone. 

• Like 1

I went to a neighboring community's car show last evening. It's nice to see the older cars given so much love by their owners. The rain held up until after the event. We had some winds and very dark clouds but no rain. Pleasant evening. 

My kids and I are in Washington DC as tourists this week!  (We're from Northern CA)  Having a good time - but of course, as with everything, it's emotionally loaded - this was LH's bucket list trip....  I keep thinking about how much he would've loved being here - and then I weep at how hard it would've been for him to get around....  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Its's just a touch under 100 degrees outside and the next day or so. I chose to stay in my AC and bake myself silly. Now I need people other than my own kids to feed sweets to. Scones, fudge and chocolate mini cheesecakes! I'm also watching the LOtR marathon. 

105° F here.  Just watered my vacationing neighbors flowers then did mine.  Thank you God for central air!!! Going to watch a movie and hit the sack.  Tomorrow with humidity its supposed to hit 120°F..... don't think I'll be doing any Canada Day activities outdoors. 

Stay cool wids! 

And Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian Wids!

Finished a blazing hot day 3 of helping with a garage sale of my BIL's, along with my other sister and other of their friends & family, to disperse many of my late eldest sister's articles of living. Heart-wrenching yet fulfilling as well, as many people left very happy. Settling in on a (yet again) torrential rainy night following the heat of the day with an old classic black and white movie LH loved, which is also set on a stormy night. Feels fitting.  (Key Largo, for any other classic movie buffs.) 

... Dang it all... right now just lost movie streaming right after a big lightning cluster!! At least didn't lose all power, but now I'm bummed!! 😒 well, crap.  

Hooray! Streaming service back up! Maybe I can finish my movie!! 😃

Edited by sojourner
Update

• 1 month later...

I went to a Blacktop Mojo concert in Ft Wayne. They were awesome! They sang one of their songs sitting down on the floor in the middle of the crowd. I got a side hug from the lead singer.  :) I'll definitely see them again! The opening bands were terrible. I wouldn't walk across the street to see them again. 

Music is such a great escape!

• Like 1

Welp, it's Saturday night again!  NG is still out of the country on day 22 of his 2 week trip......  (grrrr....)  So tonight it's me, the dogs, a pizza, and crappy TV....  I did have a kick-ass date with my teenage kids last night, so.... that helps a little!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RyanAmysMom- a date night sounds fun too. We were sitting second row, side stage. My girls were in tears from the excitement of seeing him live. He's so adorable! My only disappointment was that Kiss Me wasn't on his playlist. That's the song I really wanted to hear. 

I took my middle daughter to Ft. Wayne today. We went shopping, each got a trucus piercing, had dinner, and then went to see White Reaper and the Struts. Fun day!

Tuesday I took my youngest daughter to see our first Blackhawks game in Columbus. Then Wednesday we went to the Columbus zoo. So much fun!

Now my oldest needs to plan a mother/daughter trip. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...