Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

I just got back from a trip to BJ's with DS#3.  Spent all day doing laundry and clearing out the attic space, but that's for another post ;)

DS#1 is out with the GF, DS#2 is at the movies with friends and DD is at a festival with a friend, I am waiting for her call to go get her.  My kids have much more active social lives than I do!  I will continue with laundry for the evening and getting photos gathered for tomorrow.

I took my daughters to Avengers Day at the Hall of Heros today. Fun day! Now we're just hanging out at home and relaxing. I cleaned my whole house yesterday, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking around. Cleaning the house with kids at home is like shoveling the driveway while it's snowing.

Guest Questions

All I'm doing tonight is preparing for Mother's Day tomorrow.

I was going to send my mom flowers but they're so darned expensive, I couldn't afford it so I bought a really nice bouquet at the grocery store today.

I'm going to arrange them in a vase, add some ribbon, a card & take them to her tomorrow & spend the afternoon visiting.

My mom & I have been on the outs for awhile so I'm hoping this'll make us both feel better. I just got off the phone with her & she seemed happy to hear from me so am looking forward to it with a sense of relief. I think it's going to be a pretty good day...

It's getting warm here & I'm digging through my summer clothes.

I've been working on a tan this past month. Think I can actually wear shorts in public now without being embarrassed by my pasty white legs, lol. Feeling better about myself & ready for the heat wave that's coming... (It's 100 degrees + here most days every summer)

Relax & have fun tonight..

(((hugs)))

I'm sitting here working on creating answers to 11 questions for my oral final in my communications class...and watching the weather radar.  Fortunately, I'm not 45 miles west of here where one supercell has dropped at least a dozen little tornadoes tonight.  Hopefully the wheat fields are the only things damaged.  It's pretty rural out there.

Maureen

I'm home and in my stunning California Midwives Association t-shirt, which is so old and peppered with holes that it looks like I took a shotgun blast at some point... but I digress. Anyway, I actually had a fairly exciting Sat night for once. My sister just released her first album, and she had a party/gig to celebrate at a local theater. I wore a dress, hose, heels, makeup, the whole nine yards-- haven't done that in years and years-- and she had me come up and sing one of our old standbys with her. It was pretty awesome (video on FB, if you happen to be my friend, or want to be!), and I had a blast. I felt-- alive. For the first time in a long time. It was kind of amazing. :)

Everyone remember that smiley right there-- I have no long how long this high will last, or when I'll feel like smiling again. But I'm enjoying it right now.

Aww, thanks! My sister is the pro, I'm just an enthusiastic amateur, but I do enjoy it. I haven't done anything like that in-- well, almost a year and a half. I do community theater, the last play I was in was summer 2013-- but I'm doing another one right now. (We open Thurs!) Maybe it's progress?

Hello everyone...saturday night again...I was hiking with the scouts this morning/afternoon then napped, and had some good text conversation with a friend.  Now I'm sitting with the kids watching Nemo.  I should go and change and do some sorting. Maybe even get to bed at a decent hour tonight...hahaha!

Once again, I am in bed with a migraine. Medications have me feeling a bit dopey, but it is far better than the alternative of sitting here, hurting. I am in my most comfortable pajamas, cuddled up next to my furry, four-legged critters (Boo & Vinnie), and am finding the courage to go back and finish watching a few of the shows Kenneth and I had started together, before he died. Lots of memories are floating to the surface, and I am feeling very bittersweet and maudlin, as I know my time here, in this house, with his things, and all these memories, will be coming to and end in just a couple of months. Everything is beginning to feel so unreal, and I am feeling a bit lost in my own skin, these days.

Tonight was my daughter's Sweet 16 party. A lot of love, laughs, dancing, and karaoke. Everyone had a great time.  I have a lot of desserts left,  am so I'm going to take some to the police department tomorrow for officer appreciation week.

It's that time of the week to bump this thread back to the top, ladies and gentlemen. So please, tell us about your Saturday evening, which is, hopefully, far more exciting than mine, at the moment.

I am spending my evening texting with New Guy, since I can't go see him. My arms are lovely shades of purples, blues, yellows, and greens, and I look like a sad, little pi?ata, from all the IVs and drawing of blood in the last few days. Since I can't go out, I am sitting at home watching Netflix; and since I am having trouble stomaching food, I am eating chicken and jello. So far, the sexiest part of my evening was posting in the real sex thread.

C'mon, you guys are jealous of all the excitement in my life, aren't you?  ;D

I haven't visited this new board much. Today I mowed the lawn and wrote an email out of frustration to the financial aid office where my daughter will be going to college. I think next I will surf the net for graduation announcements.

Starting SWSN early tonight. My dog hurt her wrist yesterday and I just got back from the vet. She didn't break any bones and the vet thinks it's a soft tissue injury.  We've got some pain medication for her.

So I've got a nice night ahead of me hanging with my favorite creature in the world and trying to keep her comfortable.  More than likely will be sharing a TV dinner with her and watch some reality TV.

Hello everyone! Not much happening here tonight. Made barbequed ribs for the kids for dinner, then caught some Everybody Loves Raymond episodes. The show still makes me LOL, even though I miss watching it with T. It's one of those shows that my kids are too young to really relate to the humor, so I watch alone. Who am I kidding? I watch most shows alone, although we always watch Modern Family together. Now I'm settled into bed and wide awake. Sigh... Looks like RIFF wins for best night so far. Smores, mmm!

Mowed the lawn and put fertilizer down ..yup that's how I roll on a Saturday night

well technically it was before dark but still

now headed in to watch useless TV and hope for rain

I do so miss those nights when he would be next to me on the couch

Just watched Silver Linings Playbook with DS.  Nice movie for a Sat night...with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.  I laughed at some of the craziness in the movie and surprisingly found myself laughing out loud to their comments/references re: her DH.