Buying a home

DavidsKtBeth

Hi!

So I'm thinking about buying a condo and thought you guys would be the best resource to ask if there are any grants or anything for widows.  Keep in mind I don't have kids.  But I am a first time home buyer.  I'm also in Ohio if that's important.  Also, does anyone have a good lender they would recommend.  Idk how this works.  My friends condo just went up for sale so this has all started unfolding in the last 1/2 hour haha

Thanks in advance!!

Guest nonesuch

Check out the monthly fees before you sign on the dotted line.  I've known people who purchased condos or bought into home-owners' associations to discover the mortgage was reasonable but the monthly fees were not.  Get a feel for the board, and how easy or difficult it would be if you decided to sell.

Lots of areas have a first time home-owners loans and classes.  If you can find a good real estate guy they should be able to steer you in the right direction.  When I bought my homes I used a buyers agent.  It was great, he helped with finding a good area for me financing and he is paid buy the seller thru closing costs.  The good part is he was working at finding me the right house.  All Realtor have access to the multi-list and can show you any house that is on the market.  They also have a lot of knowledge if your willing to listen and ask questions.

Just kidding.. My cousin basically just fired me.  That's what I get working with family.  I knew I shouldn't have done it.  I'm not allowed to come back to work until "you have some serious desire to be there and you have some counseling set up ."

A. You cannot make me go to counseling

B. That is none of your business