"Everyday, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts toward others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can."

--- The Dalai Lama

This was posted by former YWBB member Goodgirl715, who hasn't made her way here yet, at 9 years out:

Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it. But when it's over and you're alone, you begin to see that it wasn't just a movie and a dinner together, not just watching sunsets together, not just scrubbing a floor or washing dishes together or worrying over a high electric bill. It was everything, it was the why of life, every event and precious moment of it. The answer to the mystery of existence is the love you shared sometimes so imperfectly, and when the loss wakes you to the deeper beauty of it, to the sanctity of it, you can't get off your knees for a long time, you're driven to your knees not by the weight of the loss but by gratitude for what preceded the loss. And the ache is always there, but one day not the emptiness, because to nurture the emptiness, to take solace in it, is to disrespect the gift of life. ~Dean Koontz, Odd Hours

This was posted by former YWBB member Goodgirl715, who hasn't made her way here yet, at 9 years out:

Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it. But when it's over and you're alone, you begin to see that it wasn't just a movie and a dinner together, not just watching sunsets together, not just scrubbing a floor or washing dishes together or worrying over a high electric bill. It was everything, it was the why of life, every event and precious moment of it. The answer to the mystery of existence is the love you shared sometimes so imperfectly, and when the loss wakes you to the deeper beauty of it, to the sanctity of it, you can't get off your knees for a long time, you're driven to your knees not by the weight of the loss but by gratitude for what preceded the loss. And the ache is always there, but one day not the emptiness, because to nurture the emptiness, to take solace in it, is to disrespect the gift of life. ~Dean Koontz, Odd Hours

I had saved this from somewhere and pasted it into my journal.  Thank you for sharing. 

Posted by former YWBB member lilacbreeze:

"The Five People You Meet In Heaven"Book Quote:

"Lost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. you can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."

Posted by a former WYBB member:

An Eskimo Legend

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky,

but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."

This one is a bit triggering perhaps, but it is a powerful message from neurosurgeon Paul Kalinithi who died on March 9th at the age of 37 to his daughter Cady.  The first paragraph is a little bit of context, but it is the last paragraph that really moved me.  The full text of the article is at the link at the end.

"Yet one thing cannot be robbed of her futurity: my daughter, Cady. I hope I?ll live long enough that she has some memory of me. Words have a longevity I do not. I had thought I could leave her a series of letters -- but what would they really say? I don?t know what this girl will be like when she is 15; I don?t even know if she?ll take to the nickname we?ve given her. There is perhaps only one thing to say to this infant, who is all future, overlapping briefly with me, whose life, barring the improbable, is all but past.

That message is simple: When you come to one of the many moments in life when you must give an account of yourself, provide a ledger of what you have been, and done, and meant to the world, do not, I pray, discount that you filled a dying man?s days with a sated joy, a joy unknown to me in all my prior years, a joy that does not hunger for more and more, but rests, satisfied. In this time, right now, that is an enormous thing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/20/paul-kalanithi-dying-neurosurgeons-exquisite-message-to-daughter_n_6905234.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

• 1 month later...

"We were talking the other evening about the phrases one uses when trying to comfort someone who is in distress.  I told him that in English we sometimes say "I've been there".  This was unclear to him at first-I've been where?  But I explained that deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time.  When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place.  But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.

"So sadness is a place?" Giovanni asked.

"Sometimes people live there for years" I said

Elizabeth Gilbert- Eat, Pray, Love

• 2 weeks later...

I got this quote in my Love's email yesterday.  I was feeling down heart'd like I could not succeed at anything anymore.  I had a job interview that I thought I failed really bad. 

Success...

? Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ?

― Thomas A. Edison

::)

Today i got a job offer.  My love was trying to tell me something special. 

• 2 months later...

This is my favourite , I would like to share it with you:

?You?ll get over it?? It?s the clich?s that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life for ever. You don?t get over it because ?it? is the person you loved. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not made anodyne by death. This hole in my heart is in the shape of you and no-one else can fit it. Why would I want them to??

― Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body

• 5 weeks later...

?If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.?

― A.A. Milne

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To everyone here that has made it this far.

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.?

― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Thank you for helping each other through this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...