The countdown begins...

Jess

• 1 month later...

Only twelve more days to go until Jess gets here, and fourteen days until the move!

We had a yard sale yesterday that was moderately successful despite cool temperatures and light rain. I hauled the remnants off to Goodwill this afternoon, and it felt good to have that task over with. Why do yard sales have to be so much work?

Almost have the remodel to the master bedroom done (which my realtor is eagerly anticipating), and still have a few more cosmetic things to do around the house. DD and I have been packing items for the move, and items that will stay in storage here in KY for whenever she sets up housekeeping after college. Still lots more to do and even though I have most of my days free to prepare, I still fear running out of time to complete home repairs and have been very, very stressed. Still, there is NO freakin' way I would wish for more time to do them in - I gotta get Jess here and be over with this long-distance for good! The house will just have to be good enough, even if we have adjust the price accordingly.

It's hard to believe I head to Kentucky in 5 days to see DD graduate high school, load the truck, and get underway driving home to Arizona a week from today. I am beyond excited and have the highest level of gratitude for the gift of Justin and his DD in my life.

I have been thinking a lot about everything this move entails- not the logistics or the planning but more what it means to have two people give up the only place they have ever known as home to be somewhere completely new and different. To know they are doing this for me to make sure there is an us is beyond humbling... overwhelming so. I find myself pinching myself that anyone thinks I am worth that kind of life change. I know the reality of it is that I am not worth making that kind of change, but rather the sum of all three of us together is worth it.

As I sit in what will be our home for the last solitary Sunday,  my mind is racing with thoughts of the future. I used to never want to think about the future because I didn't believe in one for myself. What a strange journey this has been so far and surely will continue to be. I'm not sure really what the point of me posting all of this is. I guess I just needed to somewhere to express the following thoughts:

Yay!

Oh my gosh...

Holy cow!

WTF?

YAY!!!

Everyone, thank you all so much for all the well-wishes! We are still unpacking and expect to be doing so for a while, but we are just fine with it. I can't describe how great it is for us to be together without the looming specter of one of us having to leave at the end of a visit. I honestly haven't been this happy in a really long time :)