The Broadway Channel

Jen

Guest TooSoon

So, Broadway people, adp is bringing his daughter here in Feb and we're taking her to NYC to celebrate her 18th birthday and see a show.  She wanted to see Fun Home or Book of Mormon but the tickets are astronomical (side note: still kicking myself for not getting Hamilton tickets this summer before it became the coolest thing ever).  Is there an online way to get two-fors and if so, where?  Also, what other shows might an insanely brilliant, sophisticated 18 year old like?  Kinky Boots maybe?  Broadway is not my thing, not by a long shot, though I would have loved to see Book of Mormon because snark is definitely very much my thing.  Any advice would be excellent! 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the kids to see Finding Neverland when visiting my daughter for Thanksgiving. I have been listening to the cast recording a lot lately to lift me up, particularly Stronger:

"In the darkest place, there's the faintest light

Gives me hope to face the hardest fight fate delivers me

I've got to be stronger, reach up higher

Must dig deeper, find the fire"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In honor of the Tony Awards (tonight on CBS!), here's a flashback to the Best Musical 1990, City of Angels. I love this show, I got to see it in Chicago when it first went on tour, and it was amazing. Some of the songs resonate strongly, especially these two:

"You Can Always Count on Me"-- me in a nutshell

"Funny"-- "... sad enough my life's a joke that suffers in the telling..."

Lyrics: http://www.thebroadwaymusicals.com/lyrics/cityofangels/funny.htm

Can't wait to see the show tonight! It's one of the few annual events that I hold out for. Pretty sure Hamilton will sweep, but you never know... ;)