1 year wedding anniversary

So next month would have been our 1 year wedding anniversary and I have no idea what to do.. how do you celebrate with a dead person? Lol. It also will be the 11 month anniversary of his funeral.  Yes, his funeral was on our 1 month wedding anniversary. Which I never would have realized if it wasn't pointed out to me lol.  Fuck me.  I don't live anywhere near where he proposed or we got married.. which was a court house wedding with just me and him.. we didn't even need witnesses.  It was perfect.  Absolutely perfect! Ugh.  Anyway, just looking for some ideas of how you might have celebrated.

I'm already thinking of the same thing. I think I'm already planning on being a complete shut in on our one year wedding anniversary.

In two days it will be a year since he proposed. We got married Sept 6th, 2015 and he was killed 20 days later. His funeral was 4 weeks after our wedding. I understand. <3

My husband passed away about a week before our anniversary.  For the 1 year of both, I took my kids and hopped on a plane and headed to Mexico.  I went with tequila and cerveza therapy.  There are no right ways.  Do whatever you need to do.

Hugs

My husband passed away about a week before our anniversary.  For the 1 year of both, I took my kids and hopped on a plane and headed to Mexico.  I went with tequila and cerveza therapy.  There are no right ways.  Do whatever you need to do.

Hugs

That sounds like a better idea. I will go on the honeymoon we were 3 days from booking! Thank you!!

• 8 months later...

Our first wedding anniversary was 3 weeks after the funeral. We had plans booked and my sister had to cancel them and make it all disappear. I also had to accept I couldn't keep our first house we were supposed to close on the following month. And the organ donation society delivered a letter to my house on our anniversary to let me know where all of his organs went. Needless to say I was a hot mess that day but also pretty numb. I ended up going to the place we got married and sitting by the water and talking to him. I have a feeling the second anniversary will be worse since the fog is now lifting.

But you do what feels right. There is no rule on how you recognize your day with your husband. Afterall it was a day for the two of you so you're really the only one left with a say in it.