Tell us about your non-human babies

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My little guy Watson is only two. I was never really a cat person but my husband loved them. He's a bit odd (the cat). He loves to play in the tub and likes to bring me pens. I remember being angry at first after DH died. 'You left me with this stupid cat that doesn't even like to cuddle'. But now I've learned to appreciate my weird furball. He keeps me busy and is always entertaining. He doesn't know it but he helped me get through some of the worst moments of my life.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have two Italian greyhounds that have been my saviours!  I got them after his passing.  He never liked little dogs and they are my first venture here and I LOVE them!

I will try picture....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My screen name is Hachi, after the dog in Japan who waited at the train station for his owner for the rest of his life. My dog Nico still looks for my DH in the woods up north and gets confused when his brother come by. I think they must have similar scent. He only does it if he hasn't been around for a while. If I see him more often, he knows its not him. 

I personally don't think they forget.

• Like 4

Cae, I  often wonder the same thing. My 2 dogs mourned for 2 weeks. One wouldn't eat. And the other one ate but just laid around all the time, not like his normal boisterous impish self. At 2.5 years I wonder if they wonder why he never came home. I took them to the cemetery last week and kept telling them this is where Daddy is. They did not understand.  I  just wonder what they think. I  had always said if I died I wanted them yo see my dead body so they wouldn't think I abandoned them. But he died at the hospital so it was not available .

• 1 month later...

I had bunny name Sulo (graceful in Finnish) when I met my DH. Gave him up for a better home 2 years in to the relationship. 1,5 years after DH passed I adopted my friend's 15yo catqueen who then passed away 6 months later (British shorthair/Persian mix). Loved her to death. 2 months later I became the proud mom of 2 white Persian boys: Milton and Tigger. So here we are the three of us :) I wouldn't change a day with the boys! I wish I knew how to post a pic of my babies here :) but trust me, they are fantastic! (plus I ended up fullfilling my childhood dream 200% when I got them :D I didn't remember but I had wished to have a white Persian and now I've had 2 for 2+ years)