Best friend is drifting...advice from wids with kids?

MissingSquish

I finally ended the friendship Thursday evening.  There were a few other things that have happened in the past year that have made maintaining this friendship impossible.

I sent her a quick text, saying that I cherished our friendship, but that we had grown apart. I also said that the decision was difficult. I feel sad, but relieved.

It sounds to me as if she isn't that invested in the friendship anymore, but doesn't want to hurt you or completely end the friendship by actually telling you that she feels that way. As another person said earlier, give her some time. It's likely she's just caught up in her family obligations and new baby, and once her own life settles down a bit, she may become more interested in spending time with you again. It sucks that she didn't make time for this walk when it's important to you, but unfortunately we can't really depend on anyone to always be there when we need them. I hope that you have lots of other friends there to support you, and that it goes well!

Thanks all. It was really sad. I have been feeling like a second class citizen with her for a while, and the walk wasn't even the breaking point for me to end the friendship.  Me not having kids is apparently very inconvenient for her. I've been excluded from quite a few events with our other "friends" from high school, because I'm the only one left without spawn.

I am lucky that I have a few other good friends that are there for me.

Just realized I didn't see the second page before replying. My apologies for the rather out-of-context comment. I'm sorry you ultimately had to let go of this friendship, but it sounds like it was the right decision for you. Hugs...

Just realized I didn't see the second page before replying. My apologies for the rather out-of-context comment. I'm sorry you ultimately had to let go of this friendship, but it sounds like it was the right decision for you. Hugs...

No worries!