Unexpected - Almost have my age, what is he thinking ?

keeptrying

There is a house being built next door. There are guys contracted to work on the stone wall. One of the guys would come over, multiple times a day and ask me stupid questions. Your cats are over here, they are really nice. Then he would bring them over. I would always give him short and quick answers. Every time I would go to the car, he would make his way over and try to talk and keep me there.  I never stayed long, always packing up my multiple kids in the car seats. I asked him how much it would be to till my garden. He came over asking if I wanted to sell some things in my garage. Then after talking he said I should get a babysitter and we should go out. I figured he was joking. His dad ended up coming by and his mom. I told them I had 7 kids. He asked how old is my oldest, I said 22. The guy said, that is how old I am. I came home one day and my garden was tilled and he said he would help me with whatever I needed.  I said thank you, but I have everything under control. He asked for my number to text me about business stuff (he owns his own business) - He is asking me out. -  I said, are you insane? I am old enough to be your mother! He said, well girls my age are immature. He is handsome, built, I told him there is no reason not to go out and fine someone his own age. -  I think he is out of his mind. What the heck, is this normal?

Oh I don't care about age gaps, I am not looking to get married  : )     

I just find it odd that there are tons of young girls out there, and I am sure they are easy enough to get.  I just don't know if this is something that is common, I don't know what to think..

A couple years ago I had a man 17 years younger hit up on me; took a while to figure out that's what he was doing because- wtf?!!?

One time my bf shared that when he was in his 20s he pursued- and had a brief relationship with- a woman in her 40s. So, yeah, apparently the younguns like to try out the older ladies on occasion...

I'm 48 I've had guys as young as 20 hit on me. I have dated 10 years younger but really prefer older guys. That's just me. My younger sister is 45 going on 60. Her husband is 52 and acts much older. Age is jet a number and a attuide. I'm guessing you have a young mindset and that's why you don't seem much older to him.

My Mom is 15 years older than her second husband, and going strong.

In the past year three younger guys - 25, 30, and 35 - have all expressed an interest in a relationship with me and I am also over 40.

I think it's pretty common.

The best thing that ever happened to me was getting married and having kids, so I won't date a younger guy unless he has already started his own family. I don't want to deny anyone that opportunity and for me casual relationships aren't an option.

Keep us posted how it works out if you decide to give him a try!