My mother died on Tuesday - Witaj Królowo - Salve Regina

DragonTears

My mother lost her long battle with Myasthenia Gravis this week.  She had "broken heart syndrome" and declined after the Cardiac Cath procedure.  We had to withdraw treatment and let her go because of her DNR and Do Not Intubate.  I feel traumatized by it.  She lost consciousness because they put her on Benedryl so she wouldn't react to the dye in the procedure.  She became acidotic and we didn't think we would speak with her again, but the doctor's were able to oxygenate her enough to bring her back so that we could say our goodbyes before she went under again.

Chapel memorial is this coming Thursday at 11:00.  I am playing this song to honor her Polish heritage.

I'm sorry, DragonTears. 

I'm glad you found that you could come here to tell us.  My first husband survived two bouts with this cardiomyopathy known colloquially as Broken Heart Syndrome in the last 16 months of his life, so I understand a bit of what she was facing.  I still have my mother with me, so I don't know the pain of that loss, but I send you hugs as you say goodbye to your mom.

I hope you can come back in the future if you need a place to find support.

More hugs,

Maureen

Oh Dragontears,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know the coming days, weeks and months will be difficult as you experience the pain of her loss. Sending you wishes of the comfort of loving memories.

Take care, Bluebird