New here, first post

I don't know how to really start this post, but here goes nothing.

I am newly widowed. I lost my 27 year old husband about 2 and a half months ago. I am 25. We had been together for six years, married for a year and a half and just bought our first home earlier this year.

Now I'm just trying to navigate this new normal as being a widow, being alone, taking care of a home by myself. I haven't reached out to any online communities yet, but I'm hoping this will help me share and learn things from people in similar experiences. I found the most comfort I have gotten is hearing how people are overcoming their long journeys and challenges.

Thank you in advance for any wisdom or knowledge you can share with me.

Hi Dazedandconfused, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. My memories of being 2.5 months out are pretty fuzzy and I think that is a good thing because I really just remember being so lost and it hurting so much. I thought I'd never feel any better. I will hit two years this coming Tuesday and I can honestly say that despite how sure I was that it would be impossible, I do feel better.

As for advice, keep on top of your basic needs. There will come a day when you are relived you did. Eating, sleeping, drinking water are so important but so hard to remember to do. People are going to say a lot of stupid stuff. Remember that they mean well even if their words are the last thing you want to hear. There's a ton of other great advice, but those are things that helped me back then.

We are all here for you.

Hello Dazedandconfused.

I'm a month more than you from losing my wife Jenny.

No good answers to share with you sorry.

Take care of yourself, and do your best to have some enjoyment.

I think it is too easy to not take care of yourself properly and you need to.

Just my thoughts and ideas.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only say that I did find comfort from reading everyone's stories here and knowing I wasn't the only one going through it. And as is said here so often, be kind to yourself. If you have to wallow, wallow. I wish you strength.

Hello - I am glad you found this community so early.

I am truly very sorry for your loss and what you are going through....and will continue to go through.

I am 13 months out....and am 28 yrs old (was 27 when it happened).  I just take everything one hour, one day at a time.... I wish I had a solid bit of wisdom for you. But the truth is that what helps one person doesn't necessarily help another. But I bet you will get something out of sifting through this board. I am just now becoming a more active member, and am finding it very useful.