4 years and..

maddalena

This board was such a blessing to me when every day was a cascade of tears.

THis board was such a blessing to me when I had days that weren't so bad

This board was such a great blessing to me when I noticed I might be interested in another guy after all.

I was married in March to a sweet man. We are both in our 60s and are both very happy to have each other.

I just passed the 4th anniversary of my DH's death. The gladiolas that he planted the spring before he died bloomed on the day he died again. I still think about him every day.  Sometimes i can just laugh about him.

"is it a good thing? well if it's such a good thing, stick it up your ass, a good thing won't hurt you" one of his bad jokes that surfaced last week.

My younger son just split up with his wife of almost 8 years. My DH and I were at their party, at their wedding, we endeavored to really welcome the young woman into our family. and i thought we did. But it didn't work out. We are all grieving again. Grieving the loss of this young woman from our life (she's not the type to even try to have a relationship with us (my other son and I) now that son and she are no longer together)

grieving the loss of their marriage, and grieving the children that were promised after she got her master's degree. (He waited until she finished up her degree before he told her he wanted out)

anyway, it's life. Every day we wake up and face another day. I am fortunate to have someone to share my life, my love and my bed. It's so nice to have a human in the bed in the morning!

Mimi

Mimi! So nice to see you checking in- and with such great news- Congrats on your nuptials! I also had my fourth saddiversary, last month. And, I also am in love, though in no hurry to tie the knot! I still think of my husband every day, hold conversations with him about what's going on. but now it (mostly) brings me comfort.

I'm so glad you got your flowers again this year...but I'm sorry to hear about your son and DIL. Hopefully they will both recover and move on to happier lives. It's interesting how widowhood has kinda made me more 'pro-divorce' ; for me- life is too short (and widowhood too painful) to spend it with the wrong person.

Mimi, sorry to hear about your son's split. I just passed the four year mark last month. I'm glad to hear that things are working out so well for you with your new marriage. Congratulations!

I'll hit the 4 year mark in November. Congratulations on your chapter 2!! I'm still too grouchy for love. I applaud all of you that have found chapter 2s!!!! So sorry about Son & DIL, perhaps they will find their happily ever afters with someone new. Your post brings me hope that maybe I won't be "bitter" forever...but I've become accustomed to it. Many blessings for you & yours.