Just general sadness

Guest nonesuch

Guest nonesuch

I miss things. I miss our old house, all finished and landscaped.  I miss my husband, my Mom and Dad, all the pets I've lost.  I miss when we were both working and money wasn't something I worried about all the time.

I miss my old life.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss my old life more than I could ever say.

My life has been changed forever.  I miss my sweet husband and the life we had together.

My husband had a good job, and he always made sure we had things.....he was a very thoughtful man towards his family.  I was blessed to have had him for my husband.

I only hope now to make him proud of me.  I try and have a good life, but it is not the same.  I am sure everyone understands that feeling.

One day at a time....there really isn't any other way.

Nonesuch, your topic title describes me exactly. There's a lot I don't miss but so much that I do. And although I go through life doing what needs to be done and smiling when it's called for, I wear a cloak of sadness at all times. You are not alone.

Guest Justme2

I try to think that lightning can strike twice, that we could meet someone romantically that would make some of the sadness turn to great times again. I guess that would be in the hope category.

• 2 weeks later...