Baby fever

• 2 weeks later...

Such a tough situation - we are just in a completely different phase of life to them. I was 33 when I was widowed, so not as young as you, but it was hard to see everyone else happy at home with the partner and their children, and feel that we had so little in common. We had decided not to have kids, but had each other. So not as difficult for me to see pregancies all around like so many other wids.

Bryan and I were in the adoption process when he became paralyzed in December of last year. The expectant mother we were matched with chose to parent, which was probably best for all involved--we certainly could not have become new parents at that point in our lives. Now that he's gone and I'm no longer his caregiver, I have so many emotions about becoming a parent--I know that it would not be the world's best decision to become a parent on my own this soon after his death, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I have a whole nursery ready to go. I was IN that phase of life. Now I don't know when I'm going to be a mom.