He should be here

Trying

I am in the middle of huge renovations on the house I bought last summer.  Today I signed a lease to open an office for my new business, something that wasn't even a distant dream when he was alive.  He should be here.  To help me, to support me, to be shocked and proud of all that I have taken on. 

I have an amazing boyfriend who is here and does all of that for me so I am very grateful.  But Tim knew me before.  Tim would understand how monumental all of this is for me.  Tim would understand how BIG all of this is for me, or the me that he knew for 25 years. 

Of course if he was here I would still be in our big beautiful house that didn't need renovations and I would probably not have looked for a career change to distract me and give me a reason to get me out of bed each day.  I was very content with my career when he was alive.

What I wouldn't give for just one day with him.

Hugs to you...and congratulations on your new office.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could see where we have come?  I know Tim would be pleased with your accomplishments.  I, too, would not have contemplated a career change if my first husband hadn't died.  My second husband won't be here to see the career that I will begin soon...a career that never would have happened if I hadn't met him.

I feel you...

Maureen

Trying, these feelings are so confusing to understand.

We want so much for them to share and see and be a part of who we are now.  How we've grown and changed and opened our minds and hearts to new things.

Yet, if they were still here, would we be these new people? Would we be the same as we were before?  Or, would we be an entirely different person than we are now or were then?

Big hugs and congratulations on your new adventure! Enjoy and celebrate the new you!