I said yes!

Trying

He proposed this weekend and I said yes!  Fiancé has been a source of light, hope and support as I have worked through my grief journey to find my way in chapter 2.  It has been a rocky road at times with my own insecurities and struggles as well as my 3 boys struggling with their grief and acceptance but he has stood by me through all of it.  He has given me gentle compassion and at times when I needed it tough love too.  He has always allowed room for Tim in my heart and for memories to be shared openly which has allowed me to feel that living in the present does not mean I can't still honor the past.

All 3 boys are genuinely happy for me, something I couldn't have imagined a year ago.  We will now be a family of 5 boys age 6-21!!

I had a moment Sunday morning where I looked through my wedding album and cried, remembering the vows I made with Tim 23 years ago, the plans and dreams we had that were left unfinished.  I am so grateful for the time we had, even if it ended too soon.  I am also grateful that I have found a second great love because I still have so much love to share.

@azjane,  He did it with no big fanfare, we had been planning this so not really a surprise, I just didn't know when.  We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant and came home to my almost finished kitchen renovation, he pulled the ring out of the new cabinet drawer and got down on one knee. It was very sweet and perfect.

Guest TooSoon

Late to the party as usual, CONGRATULATIONS!  These posts - about happy milestones - marriages, graduations, new jobs, whatever brings joy into the lives of any one of us - mean so much to me, especially when it is news from the 2013 "cohort."  Sending you lots of love! 

• 2 weeks later...