Columbus, Ohio

rooshy

Are there any other wids here in the Columbus area?  Maybe we can set up a dinner somewhere, like Carfagna's kitchen on Polaris?  Or somewhere at Easton?  I am in the northwest portion of Columbus, which has all of the traffic construction happening (I know, lucky me :o).  I am just throwing a suggestion out there.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I should be moving to the area in late January to take a job as the librarian in London, OH correctional institution. I would like to meet others in the same boat I find myself. Grew up in Ohio and went to Wilmington College, but lived in Michigan for 30 years.  Need suggestions about a good place to live either in London or western suburbs of Columbus.

Hillard is nice along with Dublin. If you want to live out a bit Plain City has some very nice spots. London is definitely country living if that is your thing.

I guess the real question for you and your family would be how close to you want to be to big city shopping, health care, etc. ? The answer, of course, will impact what areas would be the best matches.

Good luck - Mike

Thank you Mike.

I may have grown up in Highland county (that is where most of my family lives) but I have lived in big cities since grad school or a larger town than London so I would prefer the suburbs. I have learned to eat lots of Asian foods in the last year and like other ethnic foods also. I use to drive 20 miles one way to work so that would not be a problem.

I am alone now. I am even leaving my 13 year old cat with a friend since he has been under some stress and would not move well. I had to have back surgery in May and since Biggie was 19lbs. he was over my lifting wight limit. With a layoff and moving in with Minh right before his hospitalization, I have not had Biggie since May. 

Hope the holidays were not too rough for you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

An update. I am living in Galloway, OH now. I will be starting my job next Tuesday, but have to fly out to San Fransisco for Minh's memorial service.

I don't know about you, it seems to take longer to unpack the older you get.

Anni

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry this is so late a reply. After my trip out to Berkeley and the start of my new job, I have not been on here until now. I know where Sawmill Rd. is located. Right now I am working  M-F for the next few weeks and then my normal schedule Sunday - Thursday.

I will try to check back this weekend to see if you have also. I would like to meet others in the Columbus area that find themselves in this unwanted club.

Anni