So tired.

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

I'm tired.  I just need to say it.  Life is good and I am ok, we are all ok, but I am exhausted.  I'm not confident that's ever going away.  Its been a long six years (two with the cancer and four since).  I have a job interview on skype in two weeks and I keep looking in the mirror hoping I won't look as tired to them as I do to myself.  Sigh. 

I feel like I am constantly tired also

well tired means missing a day or two of sleep

what we are feeling is exhaustion plain and simple

I was shopping with my niece in what can only be explained as "harsh" lighting

then I saw my reflection and I look like I have aged 10 years

Wish I knew a way to actually feel rested again

I'm exhausted too...And I can't sleep either

But...some advice for you...If you can, get a massage the day before your interview, you will sleep better that night, and it WILL make a difference in your presentation. Even if is just a short cheap chair massage.

Michelle and I used to take turns with kid duty - if you weren't on duty, you deflected parenting decisions (not all the work!) over to the one who was.  The girls got used to asking us "who's in charge?"  I remember how relaxing it was to just have to think about getting everyone fed and leaving parenting to her.

After she passed, I felt like I didn't get to relax like that again for *years*.  We went to Universal Studios in Orlando, and it was so not a vacation for me.  The fatigue was all through me.

Now that the girls are teens (16 on Friday, holy crap!), they are easy and I can manage actual relaxation much more often.  I think the first summer day I got to take off and do 20 miles on the bike, or got to go out to music in the evening without a sitter, I exhaled air that had been in me for a long time.  May you get to that place soon, TooSoon.

Take care,

Rob T

It has been just 3 months for me but seems like I haven't got rest for 30 years. Use to be very strong and can work like 16-18 hours with physical and mental work but now with few hours and I feel drained. Lost weight so should look better but looks like 10 yrs older. I hope it is temp.

Amen people. Thank you for validating my life. I am doing OK otherwise but ALL I want to do is sleep or at least rest. Not much is making me happier than being on my couch when I can. I kind of worry about it but I guess its normal. 2+ years out. I guess just plain old day to day living takes more of a toll and more energy than we even realize.

This is everything.  I am exhausted all the time.  I need like 12 hours of sleep a night to feel like I can function, well.  I am actually capable of sleeping that 12 hours and people always say that sounds great! and all I can think is that I'm sleeping away half my life and I still feel tired.  I'm sooooo over it!

Guest TooSoon

This is everything.  I am exhausted all the time.  I need like 12 hours of sleep a night to feel like I can function, well.  I am actually capable of sleeping that 12 hours and people always say that sounds great! and all I can think is that I'm sleeping away half my life and I still feel tired.  I'm sooooo over it!

If its any consolation, I slept through much of year 2.  I could sleep like nobody's business, especially in wintertime.  I napped in the morning after I put my daughter on the bus until I had to go to teach; I napped in my office or in my car sometimes in the parking lot at work.  I went to bed at 9 pm and slept straight through the night.  Its leveled off now somewhat (nearly 4 years now) but I'm still so tired.  Solidarity.

I hear you too! Tired and disappointed and it shows. I find my own reflection scary sometimes and some photographs are so awful. I look old and I started to grow grey hair. Not exactly good for the feeling of self...I wish you good luck with the interview, and yes, the massage suggestion is definitively one to consider...

Thank you for posting this!  This echos my thoughts completely. I am tired. Single parenting stinks. Setting up holidays stinks. I'm used to having someone tell me how beautiful the house looks and someone to bounce present ideas off of. My kids love the decor, but you know how kids are --"Yeah, sure, mom, that's cool." My husband used to say --"Wow! It looks amazing in here." I know that is probably unusual for a man -- haha-- but  he validated me. Sigh. I am also BORED too.