Light a Candle

Ginger

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post this during the holiday, in case anyone is interested in lighting a virtual candle for your loved one with your own special thoughts. This site was mentioned on the old board and many used it all year round.

The site is: gratefulness.org/light a candle

Then click on begin or light a candle.

If you put the word Widda at the end of your dedication, you can then do a search under Widda to see fellow members who have lit a candle after you have lit your candle. To go back to the group's candles after reading dedications,  hit your " back" button not the exit button.

Sorry if this is confusing but if you go to the site you can get more info. If you go to the site and search Widda you should see the two candles I have lit. Just remember to put the word Widda at the end of your dedication.

Wishing you all a safe and mindful holiday season,

Ginger

Sikeuritgadeun-

Yes, that should be the right site.

It is a little more complicated process than previously to search for other Widda members candles, but it is nice to share a common bond with others while remembering our loved ones. Remember the key is to make sure you use the word Widda at the end of your dedication to be able to search for our group's candles.

Ginger

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top so any newbies or older members who might be interested in lighting a virtual candle in remembrance of their loved one are aware of this sight.  The candle stays lit for 48 hours. You can go back as often as you like and light as many candles as you wish.

Like last year, if you put the “Widda” at the end of your dedication you would be able to put Widda in the Search box and it should bring up the candles lit by other board members.

Wishing all our members a peaceful holiday.

Ginger

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone, 

As I have tried to do around this time of year, I am bumping up this post for newbies or others that might be interested in lighting a virtual candle in remembrance of their loved one. The site still seems to be working. I hope it can bring some small amount of peace to all of us that long for it during this holiday season . 

https://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

Ginger

• Like 1