Hope For A Nice New Year

Guest wecouldbeheros

Guest wecouldbeheros

Yes I know I'm new. Thanks for the welcome messages. Just wanted to wish everyone a hopefully nice New Year. Any plans for NYE ?

: )

I will spend tomorrow evening with a good friend, probably at home.  He is kind of a member of our club...his ex-wife ended her life 6 months after he finally divorced her after years of her emotional abuse.  He and I have walked parallel paths over the last year...working our way to changes in our lives.  I will help him move 4 hours away on Tuesday.  He has a new job, a new place to live, and a new truck...and a fresh start.

On top of that, I just learned that a dear friend was diagnosed with lung cancer and he is very ill.  39 years old.  Sole parent to a 5 year old.  That just sucks.

I'm glad I won't be alone tomorrow night.

Maureen

We left town for this past week right after Christmas to go visiting relatives. We go home tomorrow morning. We have never traveled out of Illinois for the holidays so this was our something different to get us by. Once we get settled back home, I think just movies and Chinese take out for me and my girls. In the past, my husband and I always threw a party. I honestly can't this year and I know my siblings have offered to hang out with us. Depends how our travel goes though. Traveling is tiring!

Julestar, I am with you.  I was out of town for about 8 days around Christmas.  Back at my parents house, which is where my husband had his heart attack last Dec 27.  So, it's been an exhausting week of 1st Christmas, 1 year sadiversary, visiting when I sometimes didn't really want to, and a 9 hour car ride home yesterday.  I came home earlier than planned and haven't told anyone that I am home.  Looking forward to a quiet night by myself for some rest and reflection. 

A bit of a side note....for many years my husband managed a pub and fmany other years worked in catering.  We rearely spent NYE together as it was a busy work night for him.  I would sometimes hang with some friends, but often I was content to use the evening to be with myself, to journal, reflect on the year that was and what goals I might want to work towards for the upcoming year.  Looking forward to returning to that plan this year.

Kate