3 Years Ago Today......

Viva

3 years ago today, I saw my DH alive for the last time. Watching him leaving me in a heart beat was the most heartbreaking moment in my life. I remember that evening was so cold and I was alone in the emergency room when I was told by a doctor, "I am sorry....we have tried our best". My head went blank and could not believe for what I heard. That moment was still very clear in my mind...even after 3 years.

Life without him was extremely hard especially for the first two years. I cried before I went to sleep every single night for almost 2 years. Now 3 years passed by, I start to get used to the "forced to be single" life again. Everything seems going back to normal again but I still miss him every single day. I don't cry very often now but today......I cannot stop my tears......

I just miss him a lot a lot today...... :'( :'( :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it just seems so surreal what has happened -it sounds like you lost your husband suddenly...I did too. And I walked around in shock for about a year after that. I'm sorry you are missing him - at 5 years I am getting more back to "normal" every day but I get these twinges of really missing him and so wishing we could have at least had one more conversation. A good cry often helps....Sending widow support.

Guest TooSoon

Tomorrow is my 4th.  Somewhere in year one, I made up my mind that we were going to live again and that's what we're doing but it has been a long, tiring, and above all confusing road that just seems to go on and on and on, with odd triggers still catching me by surprise.  I guess there is a weight I will always carry with me now.  A loss of an innocence I guess I was fortunate to enjoy for as long as I did.

Wishing you peace.  And sending love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your support and I am thankful to have this forum to help me getting through of that difficult time. I think our lives will have some colors again with our spouses’ love. They will always in our hearts.

((Hugs))

P.S. Captains wife, yes...I lost my husband suddenly because he had a heart attack.

• 1 month later...

It was my 3 years on January 31st.  It was the worst anniversary yet for me.  I think because I am not numb anymore.

I am like you, I have mostly adjusted to the forced single life. I thought the anniversaries would get easier so this one was a bit of a shock.

Viva, my thoughts are with you; peace to you.

At first the only memories I could come up with of late DH were of his passing, replaying over and over. At almost 3 years myself, other, softer, memories have resurfaced and are mostly what now come to mind as I think of him. But I still have that clear, sharp memory of his death, as well. And as I get closer to that anniversary myself, it comes back more and more.