Big decisions

Dragonfly

Hi!

Trying to decide about moving to a house in District I teach in. Better scheduling so my son and i will be on same schedule for school, etc. My dad's a realtor and encouraging me to move into an easy maintenance house but I love the country and wouldn't mind a little upkeep so my son and dogs could have room to run and play. Thoughts on big decisions like moving (only 3 months out from becoming a widow, the house kind of reminds me of me and my hubby, we both would have liked it)?

Dragonfly

Hi  I know about the tough decision to move.  Please take your time and decide what is best for you and your son.  It is early for you being a widow.  I would suggest to wait a while.    Wait.  You will know later what is right for you and your son.  I was told to wait a year before making a major decision. Think hard about what you want.

I think it is early to make such a big decision if you don't absolutely have to. Even a few months more may give you some clarity on your priorities and needs. If your sons school is the big issue then I can see you wanting to be settled before the start of the next school year. Make sure that whatever you decide to do take care that it's your decision and not someone talking you into what they think is best. In the first year I was very vulnerable to other (well meaning) people's opinions of what I should or shouldn't do.

Hello,

i think it is difficult to say and depends on what kind of person you are. If moving is something you would rather not do, it may be very exhausting at this moment and you may feel lonely in the new place, where you haven't got a social network. on the other hand a change of scenery may be a positive challenge. Simplified scheduling for  you and your son makes for less stress, which is good. I hear you, not easy, but I agree with what Trying said, it should be your decision and yes, take your time and do what feels right for you now. Will your son be going to the same school ? Maybe a change of school could be another criterion that would support your decision, depending on the outlook. Room to roam for boys and dogs is great , I agree.

Three months in is so hard. I wish you strength and good luck with whatever you decide. If you do decide to move, get some professional movers, to help you, if you can afford it.  Take care

Hi Dragonfly,

I agree and feel you should wait some more time. I as well am only 3 months widowed and feel like I have a ton of decisions to make, including where to move. I'm currently staying with my mom and every time I think about moveing (how, where, when etc) I get anxiety. But just to add my 2 cents, I prefer the country 😉

J