Tattoo?

jgib

I have never gotten a tattoo before but there a couple I am planning.  Late starter at 52!

One is WIDDA with the date below it.  Not big, just a little one.  That date defines so many of the changes I have gone through I am thinking about honouring it......

Would love your thoughts.

I got a tattoo last year for my birthday and it was also my first tattoo. I'm in my forties. The guy was cute, he thought I was younger. It simply felt like stinging sunburn to me but it wasn't unbearable. I think it all depends where you get it. Mine is on my left front shoulder, not quite on my chest above my heart. It was personal and it was for just me. It helps me keep in perspective that his death did occur so when I look in the mirror and I see the tattoo, I know that I'm in real time and not dreaming. I suggest get what has meaning for you.

I already have two tattoos...on my left upper thigh i have an assortment of flowers and butterflies on my right thign i have my husbands name with a crown...for my next tattoo I'm just going to go over his name with his ashes mixed with the ink...

I got my first tattoo at last year at 48 (the words "carpe diem' on my right inner forearm) and got my second a few months later where my neck meets the shoulder.  Now making plans for my third.  The new one will be the words "she persisted" on the left inner forearm.

Eventually, I would like to get a memorial tattoo for my husband. That one is too special...I want it to be perfect.

Got my first (and only, so far!) at 46 in memory.  It is on my wrist.  Love love love it.  No regrets.  In fact, just today I was looking at it and thinking how happy I am with it.

Thinking about a second "this too shall pass".  This is a saying my grandma and mom have used many times.  For me now it is a reminder that everything in life is temporary.  The good is that the really awful, dark moments of life will pass, so just hold on and wait but the good passes too, so notice and appreciate what you have while you have it. Just need to decide on a spot.....

Good luck with your decision.

Kate