faced another demon

Today my new husband had a dental appointment right next door to the cancer treatment facility that became so much of my life as my late husband fought cancer to the death.

phew.

There was a receptionist there that greeted every single soul as they came in the door. She remembered names and faces and always had a smile. She remember the names of our kids, actually.  Well, that was 5 years ago when I saw her last.

I went back there today and thanked her for making my husband smile, for all the goodness she gave him. I gave her a hug too. She remembered me (not my name) and said "I haven't seen you here for a while"

Some people are just angels.

This was the first time i'd been in there since he died, and it felt good to walk through without dread or upset. Even showed New husband the secret bathroom...

Hugs

Yes It is difficult to go back to those places. I went back to the hospital to pick some docs within a month of death and I was in rush to leave asap. Probably should go back in ward and thank everyone which I missed at that time due to my grief which is still there but I suppose now brain is also working parallel. Not sure good idea or not but may be will go.