We are on this board because.......

BrokenHeart2

Nuggets, at 75 John would just be getting his second wind. So sorry he is not here with you. Thank you for remembering Lini. She was a good and kind friend to so many of us. Why am I still here? Simple. My husband is still dead. Wish it was different for all of us.

It's always good to *see* you. Be well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soloact said:

Nuggets, at 75 John would just be getting his second wind. So sorry he is not here with you. Thank you for remembering Lini. She was a good and kind friend to so many of us. Why am I still here? Simple. My husband is still dead. Wish it was different for all of us.

It's always good to *see* you. Be well.

Funny ~ I was chided a couple months ago that I had 'been a widow a long time, now' -  and yup, I replied I would be a widow as long as John was dead.  

• Like 5

I am here because, after losing Catherine 4 years ago, I still think about her at least once during every waking hour. I'm not complaining about that; it's just a fact. This is the one of the very few places I can go to talk about it.

I've been away from these boards for many months. I'm glad to see so many familiar names are still here.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guaruj said:

I am here because, after losing Catherine 4 years ago, I still think about her at least once during every waking hour. I'm not complaining about that; it's just a fact. This is the one of the very few places I can go to talk about it.

I've been away from these boards for many months. I'm glad to see so many familiar names are still here.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Welcome back, Mark.  We have missed you at bagos.

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am newly widowed.  Husband was 51 and I am 47.  We'd only been married 4 1/2 years and still in sort of a honeymoon phase. We both had grown children and I waited  a VERY long time to remarry and was very excited for our future.  I echo the "no one gets it" and how much this site (by reading current and past posts) has validated what I think and what I feel.  Those that have been widowed longer, thank you for still posting and letting me know that it does eventually hurt less. 

Dawn

I am on this board because...........  this journey is so lonely, so isolating....  And I feel a community here.  I find hope here. 

I am here because David was worth remembering.  

I am here because I can't do this alone.  

I am here because I learn from others' experiences. 

And I am grateful for YOU! 

I am here because I can learn from those that were through this before me.  I want to know how to be the best solo dad I can be to my daughter, how to move my life forward as best I can.  I hope what I have been through the past 2.5 years can help others in earlier stages in need of help  and experience.

We are here because "WE ARE WIDOWED"! , and thankfully found others who get what we are feeling at our young ages with trials and tribulations that we are handed with it...

Thank you everyone for being brave enough to share with me and all of us, much love to all of you ❤️

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I found the ywbb about 3 weeks after I lost my dh in June 2013. I was 33 with a 5 and 7 year old, I was the only young widow I knew and it was indescribably lonely.

The forum was a lifeline for me, empathy meant everything and knowing that I wasn't going crazy saved me on the hardest days.

My sons best friend lost his mom in January this year after a freak accident in December, I'm so very sad for her husband and children and I came back to check that the site is still running so I can direct her husband here.

• Like 1