Song's that bring you up

Actually just listening to music brings me up. It would be hard to narrow it down to a few songs. Genre and artist depends on my mood. I'm loving the new albums by Papa Roach and Stone Sour right now. Next month I'm going to see Seether, Skillet, Puddle of Mudd, All That Remains, and Otherwise. I can't wait! I haven't been to a concert since Phil died. We loved going to concerts

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

I love Sam Beam (Iron and Wine).  Here's the first single from his new album.  I love the song and I like the video, too.  Like us, a collection of wounded people in need of love.  xoxo

http://www.npr.org/event/music/532072669/watch-iron-wine-returns-to-roots-on-beast-epic-out-in-august?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170609

Guest TooSoon

OK, this one is old and this version a little melancholy and my husband died and left with me with a spirited 6 year old girl to raise.  This was out anthem for a long time:

I still put it on from time to time.  Two women taking on the world! 

• 3 weeks later...

I love these songs:

The Cult, She Sells Sanctuary and Love Removal Machine

anything form Led Zeppelin

My current favorite is  a channel on YouTube called Puddles Pity Party.  Puddles is a 6'8" singing clown who has covered Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, David Bowie and Chris Cornell among others.  He's got a wonderful voice - he's a trained opera singer.  Here's a sample:

Puddles is a 6'8" singing clown who has covered Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, David Bowie and Chris Cornell among others.  He's got a wonderful voice - he's a trained opera singer.

This sounds very interesting! LOL! I need to check this out!

bdean38,

Puddles release a new cover song every Friday on YouTube.  This past Friday, he did a cover of Bowie's 'Life On Mars'. 

His cover of Moon River, a personal favorite: 

Enjoy!