Article on young widower parent.

adp

This is a tough but very beautiful and honest read on being widowed and becoming a parent in the space of one week. I so admire his honesty in admitting that "But in the first year she [his daughter] was still a stranger in my life, and I experienced her as a punishment. She had sentenced me to a continuation of my life. I am ashamed to admit it."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/20/her-needs-first-becoming-father-widower-in-week

Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -

• 2 months later...

Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -

The most common thing is that they cannot find a good woman. Not even one.

Now if a good woman happened to find them... ;)

• 7 months later...

Thank you for sharing this. I cried my eyes out, so I am probably in the wrong section here... but when he describes how he archeologist- like wants to excavate all the things left behind by his wife...he killed me. I recently found a hair of my husband's in the bedding and it floored me completely. I was going to put it somewhere safe but then decided to just let it be blown away by the breeze..